Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,805

0 members and 2,805 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Craigslist Post

Printable View

• 04-17-2008, 08:52 PM
    Thor26
    Craigslist Post
    Read this the person says alot of snake owners use free to good home ads for snake food. Why do we always get such a bad name.http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pet/645285126.html
  • 04-17-2008, 09:58 PM
    Dusty
    Re: Craigslist Post
    as sad as it is, i am sure there are those out there who would do such a thing.

personaly (long before i got into snakes) i was at some ones house who had many snakes when a kid from the neighbor hood come knocking on the door with a puppy in hand telling this person "here, mom said to give this to you to feed it to your snakes" and that is what happened to the poor puppy.:tears:

needless to say i didnt stick around once the cage was opened and the pup tossed in, never went back either!

those are the kind of people who give others a bad rep :mad:
    those are the kind of people who keep the fear of these lovely creatures going.
  • 04-17-2008, 10:00 PM
    Argentra
    We get that bad name because of the people who actually DO those things. Just think; if it weren't for the idiot who owns the Burmese python just for show who tries to feed by hand and looses an arm, or the hysterical ignorant person who calls the cops to report that his neighbor has a 'giant snake'(actually a 3' ball), the media would have no reason to pay attention to snake owners...or at least, they would have LESS reason.

There really are people out there who will get animals to torture, resell, or feed off to something(not always snakes) from 'free to good home' ads. It's sad...but true.
  • 04-17-2008, 10:11 PM
    Thor26
    it just makes me soo sad that people could do that to an innocent creature
  • 04-17-2008, 10:25 PM
    python.princess
    Jason and I just got a kitten a couple weeks ago from a 'free to good home' add on CL. Needless to say we decided not to mention the snakes when we picked Binka up.
  • 04-17-2008, 10:49 PM
    Thor26
    ya that might have caused a problem
  • 04-18-2008, 02:41 AM
    Morph Addict
    Quote:

Originally Posted by python.princess View Post
    Jason and I just got a kitten a couple weeks ago from a 'free to good home' add on CL. Needless to say we decided not to mention the snakes when we picked Binka up.

Even knowing you would never do something like that they would have been skeptical I am sure. Probably a good idea ;)
  • 04-18-2008, 06:37 AM
    rabernet
    Believe it or not, I've actually seen discussions here (a couple years ago) and on other forums on the morality of answering free kitten ads as a source of free food. So, it doesn't surprise me that the poster would put that. We get a bad name because there ARE people who will do that. :(
  • 04-18-2008, 09:15 AM
    MelissaFlipski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    as sad as it is, i am sure there are those out there who would do such a thing.

personaly (long before i got into snakes) i was at some ones house who had many snakes when a kid from the neighbor hood come knocking on the door with a puppy in hand telling this person "here, mom said to give this to you to feed it to your snakes" and that is what happened to the poor puppy.:tears:

needless to say i didnt stick around once the cage was opened and the pup tossed in, never went back either!

those are the kind of people who give others a bad rep :mad:
    those are the kind of people who keep the fear of these lovely creatures going.

That is the most awful story I have ever heard. I am glad you left and never went back. I guess the mom sent him over b/c he had a reputation for "disposing" of animals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Believe it or not, I've actually seen discussions here (a couple years ago) and on other forums on the morality of answering free kitten ads as a source of free food. So, it doesn't surprise me that the poster would put that. We get a bad name because there ARE people who will do that. :(

That is outrageous. I was just complaining about gas prices, but perhaps there is one good thing about it. The cost of gas to go pick up a free animal can be more than the purchase price of a feeder animal.
  • 04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
    Beardedragon
    Another thing about cats is that they have sharp claws/teeth that WILL hurt your snake if they are able to fight back, which I would they they would do.