Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,459

1 members and 2,458 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

HSUS Exposed On TV

Printable View

• 11-09-2009, 12:00 PM
    Ophidian Obsessed
    HSUS Exposed On TV
    YouTube - WSB-TV report on the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)

Take 3 minutes of your time to watch this, this video might be enough to start an investigation on HSUS that can't be bought off as you'll see they've done before.

Video Breakdown:
    Hsus made 120 million in 2007
    Hsus spent 112 million of that.
    Hsus sent only 6 million to animal shelters.
    Hsus admitted to only sending money to shelters, if they helped save pets after a natural disaster.
    Hsus is a tax exempt group.
    Tax exempt groups are not allowed to influence politicians (lobbying, making contributions, ect.)
    Hsus's president says on camera that is basically all they do.

Thanks to burmese from monstersnakesforums.com
  • 11-09-2009, 12:07 PM
    icygirl
    Re: HSUS Exposed On TV
    Finally!! :clap:

I think at the moment a lot of people know about PETA's shady practices, but very few know anything about HSUS. I hope more news stations do this story.
  • 11-09-2009, 12:11 PM
    Karbon
    The HSUS lady doesn't even deny that the money isn't going to help the animals.
  • 11-09-2009, 12:12 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Yea the HSUS dosen't call me any more..
  • 11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
    Ophidian Obsessed
    I urge everyone to send this as far and wide as possible, I mean email contacts list, facebook, myspace, forums you go on, whatever, the more people see this, the better.
  • 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM
    Vypyrz
    I would like to compile all of this in a letter and send it to each of the HR2811 sub- committee members...
  • 11-09-2009, 01:24 PM
    Purrrfect9
    I agree with sending the information to legislation. But a little off topic, if you ever want to donate to ANY cause, the best bet is to go to the direct source/shelter/person in need and hand them the donations personally. As shown here, you never know where it will end up otherwise.
  • 11-09-2009, 01:28 PM
    Ophidian Obsessed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Vypyrz View Post
    I would like to compile all of this in a letter and send it to each of the HR2811 sub- committee members...

Already sent them an email, with a well thought out polite letter, outlining the major cases in this video, as I did in the top.
  • 11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
    Albey
    This video was up on YouTube when it first aired here in Atlanta with out the time delay in the audio. It was also on the Channel 2 News website. Some how the HSUS had then take it down from both sites. I don’t expect this to be available on YouTube for very long.:mad:
  • 11-09-2009, 02:12 PM
    Ophidian Obsessed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Albey View Post
    This video was up on YouTube when it first aired here in Atlanta with out the time delay in the audio. It was also on the Channel 2 News website. Some how the HSUS had then take it down from both sites. I don’t expect this to be available on YouTube for very long.:mad:

I have it saved, gotta love realplayer, I will put it up as many times as need be, not to worry this video will not disappear.