Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,211

0 members and 3,211 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 12-06-2018, 02:17 PM
    wolftrap
    Re: You know you're a snake keeper when...
    suddenly my grandparents decided maybe they don't want me to invite them over for dinner more often...
  • 12-06-2018, 02:17 PM
    Helonwheelz383
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    I was camping in Costa Rica and my husky spotted a Fer-de-lance. Not a big fan of hots but we respected it and went our own way and the snake his own way. They are important. Just don't be stupid and play with something you don't understand and avoid them if need be.

Exactly. All animals play their part. They are more scared of us and just want to be left alone. I think people tend to forget that we are on their turf and they should be respected as such. It's crazy. Here in Utah wealthy people like to build these crazy houses up in the woods and end up having issues with cougars or bobcats and pets being left outdoors. Then they kill the cat. What did you expect when you've got a meal chained up in the yard? Happens all the time. I guess they just want to live in the wilderness but without all that pesky wilderness.
  • 12-06-2018, 02:21 PM
    Lord Sorril
    You refresh 'What's New' on the BP.net website every ten minutes.
  • 12-06-2018, 02:23 PM
    Skyrivers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Helonwheelz383 View Post
    Exactly. All animals play their part. They are more scared of us and just want to be left alone. I think people tend to forget that we are on their turf and they should be respected as such. It's crazy. Here in Utah wealthy people like to build these crazy houses up in the woods and end up having issues with cougars or bobcats and pets being left outdoors. Then they kill the cat. What did you expect when you've got a meal chained up in the yard? Happens all the time. I guess they just want to live in the wilderness but without all that pesky wilderness.

Or people in Florida grumping about alligators. They were there first.
  • 12-06-2018, 03:12 PM
    Blam18
    When you tell your husband we need another pup, and you're not talking about a dog.
  • 12-06-2018, 03:25 PM
    WhompingWillow
    When your 4-year-old has a bunch of stuffed animal snakes and tells his daycare friends and teachers that they are Dumeril's boas, titanoboas, corn snakes, and rat snakes. :)

When you find yourself asking Google whether snakes fart (and the search results direct you to this forum).

When spraying and killing a snake mite fills you with a perverse sense of glee.

When you can't tell your family the only thing that's actually on your Christmas list (coughPVCenclosurescough) because they wouldn't understand
  • 12-06-2018, 03:47 PM
    RickyNY
    When your son's third grade teacher had him inside a circle in class and he was explaining to all his classmates where his Ball Python was from, the name of the morph and how to care for your pet snake. :D

When the in-laws don't come to visit anymore!! ;) :gj:
  • 12-06-2018, 03:55 PM
    Ax01
    You know you're a snake keeper when... u think sausage butts are cute.
  • 12-06-2018, 04:59 PM
    Blam18
    If you send an unsolicited pic of your 12" pythin, it's not considered all that offensive. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  • 12-06-2018, 07:23 PM
    Godzilla78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Helonwheelz383 View Post

I hate morons like that. Here we get city people that buy a house out in the mountains, and then are surprised by the bears, coyote, mice, snakes and other beasts in their backyard.
    go back to the city!!!