Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,985

1 members and 2,984 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

What morph is this?

Printable View

• 05-11-2011, 11:38 AM
    Skittles1101
    Re: What morph is this?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    He is a local breeder here in Sacramento. More of a home breeder I guess you could say., He says he is het for caramel.

This is the actual snake:

http://imageshack.us/m/534/2811/0510011934.jpg

I plan on visiting a few more times I think (after reading this thread...haha.) and doing more research into where he purchased the parents etc. But either way, like I said, the snake is very sweet and I love his pattern. I wasnt originally looking to breed or anything, but now that I've seen the beautiful snakes I've seen, it looks cool. This particular snake was found when the owner responded to my 'WANTED" ad on Craigslsit to adopt a BP.

And no, it's not the same breeder as the pastels, haha. I wrote that one off right away. I found out later(after contacting his supplier) that he had been passing norms off as pastels via Craigslist.

Idk about anyone else, and I'm not saying this to offend anyone who does do this, but in my experience....I have yet to find a reputable breeder on craigslist. I've seen multiple craigslist rescues, which are great that people can rescue these snakes that generally are not taken care of, but never an honest breeder. With kingsnake and fauna and all other herp sites, craigslist just doesn't compare. I'd tread very lightly when dealing with craigslist, I work for a police dept and I can't tell you how many calls a week I get on scams.
  • 05-11-2011, 01:27 PM
    Misfit
    Re: What morph is this?
    I live very close to Sacramento, and I'm pretty intrigued about this guy. Is he a larger-ish scale breeder, or small? I don't want to 'steal' snake deals, I'm just curious. :P

Also.. just a heads up about caramels as a morph (I didn't see anyone mention it already) but they do have a kinking issue. Just something to be aware of, if you're planning on starting out breeding with caramels. :]
  • 05-11-2011, 04:14 PM
    Kendra
    Quote:

I live very close to Sacramento, and I'm pretty intrigued about this guy. Is he a larger-ish scale breeder, or small? I don't want to 'steal' snake deals, I'm just curious.

Also.. just a heads up about caramels as a morph (I didn't see anyone mention it already) but they do have a kinking issue. Just something to be aware of, if you're planning on starting out breeding with caramels. :]
    He's located out in Placerville. I'm in Rocklin myself. I know he is selling the caramel you saw in the photo before as well as an albino.

As said before, I plan on purchasing him either way. The gentleman said that he would go with me to my choice of vet as well to get the snake checked out before purchase as well.