Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 345

11 members and 334 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 66,347
Threads: 241,141
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KEVMATLOP
  • 11-04-2019, 05:48 PM
    BrianHulefeld
    Need some advice for treatment on my BP
    Hey, Iíve been treating my ball python voodoo for an RI for the past month or two and sheís seems to be completely healed but i still have a ton of injections in my freezer and Iím not sure if I continue until they are gone or if Iím good to stop treating her(the vet never told me). Before I began treatment her symptoms were already very mild but I wanted to get her healed up before they got worse. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • 11-04-2019, 05:54 PM
    gunkle
    Re: Need some advice for treatment on my BP
    Your best bet is calling the Vet and getting the proper instructions
  • 11-04-2019, 05:59 PM
    Bogertophis
    I'm hoping your snake is named Voodoo, not that you're treating her with Voodoo? ;)

I'm also really glad you asked: whenever you are giving an antibiotic to a snake (or other pet, OR you, for that matter), it's extremely important to give the entire
    course as prescribed. Your vet should have told you this (you could always call them & ask), but any time you're giving antibiotics, if you stop the series before
    completion, you're likely to create resistant germs that may not only rebound (make your snake ill again) but also make it harder, & maybe even impossible to cure.

I can't think of any other injections you'd be giving a snake for an RI, so I'm assuming you're asking about an antibiotic. By all means, call & double check w/ your vet.
  • 11-04-2019, 06:15 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    "Seems to be healed" can simply means that the symptoms are alleviated which does not mean your snake is cured until the vet says so, usually a treatment should be followed until the end and in case of RI for a duration no shorter than at least 30 days.