Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,878

1 members and 2,877 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 09-26-2008, 09:03 PM
    Bettacreek
    Thermostat and electrical strip?
    Some of the thermostats have electrical strips wired with them. The ones that don't, can you plug a regular one in and have them all work properly? Thanks.
  • 09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
    Phil
    Re: Thermostat and electrical strip?
    Yes you can, just be sure and not overload the thermostat......
  • 09-26-2008, 10:45 PM
    Gloryhound
    Yes you can, just make sure you don't get the GFCI kind. Just get a basic generic cheapo power distribution strip. On some thermostats the GFCI type can cause damage to the thermostat per the actual instructions included with the thermostat.
  • 09-26-2008, 11:57 PM
    Bettacreek
    Thanks. I've read about which type of strip to use (I actually have one that I've been wanting to replace/upgrade anyways, because it has my electronics plugged into it). I wasn't sure if I had to get all electrical and wire it specifically or anything. I wouldn't be able to do it, but, if I had to, I'm lucky enough to have an electrician for a step-dad. Lol. So, when I get the thermostat, I can plug it in, plug the correct strip into the thermostat, plug in my heat tape (making sure not to overload the thermostat), dial the heat to where I want it, place the probe and the thermometer/hygrometers (think that's what they're called) where I need them and ta-da?
  • 10-06-2008, 09:25 AM
    simplechamp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bettacreek View Post
    So, when I get the thermostat, I can plug it in, plug the correct strip into the thermostat, plug in my heat tape (making sure not to overload the thermostat), dial the heat to where I want it, place the probe and the thermometer/hygrometers (think that's what they're called) where I need them and ta-da?

Yes, except I would place the probe/thermometer/hygrometer first then dial in the temp.