Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,522

1 members and 2,521 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 03-13-2021, 11:21 AM
    Daniel_Effler
    New to site: this is my first girl.
    My first Ball Python. A Lesser Mojave Bel around 300g.
    I've had her for a few days and I am in love with her. She is so gentle and beautiful.

I'm trying to decide on a name.
    My first thought was Gabrielle (female version of gabriel since she is an angel)

Lucy (I know very unoriginal)

Bella (also unoriginal but I like it)

Do you all have anything?
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...54b5f92e7b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c7ad67238b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0376471c59.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d24fd2396b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
  • 03-13-2021, 12:07 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Re: New to site: this is my first girl.
    She’s gorgeous! What an amazing first snake! You chose wisely :) .

She looks like an Athena, Aphrodite, Sasha Fierce, or Pearl to me. My girl Pearl has a nice ring to it. :)
  • 03-13-2021, 12:08 PM
    Herp Hugger
    You could go the fun and whimsical route with "Snowball" or "Blizzard". (?). ... Just a thought.

Beautiful snake though! I've been out of the hobby for a while and just got back into it this week with a young Banana Black Pastel male. I was originally going there to get a BEL as well (Lesser X Lesser) but I fell for the colour and pattern on my new little guy.
  • 03-13-2021, 12:21 PM
    Bogertophis
    Or you can do "opposites" like "Melanie". ;) (as in- no melanin...)

Or since these are also known as "royal" pythons (Python regius), you might give her your favorite royal family name?

Whatever you call her, she'll still be beautiful. :welcome:
  • 03-13-2021, 12:33 PM
    Daniel_Effler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    She’s gorgeous! What an amazing first snake! You chose wisely :) .

She looks like an Athena, Aphrodite, Sasha Fierce, or Pearl to me. My girl Pearl has a nice ring to it. :)

The greek god names are cool, Pearl is cool also.

• 03-13-2021, 12:40 PM
    Daniel_Effler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Herp Hugger View Post
    You could go the fun and whimsical route with "Snowball" or "Blizzard". (?). ... Just a thought.

Beautiful snake though! I've been out of the hobby for a while and just got back into it this week with a young Banana Black Pastel male. I was originally going there to get a BEL as well (Lesser X Lesser) but I fell for the colour and pattern on my new little guy.

I have a white leopard gecko named blizzard. But I could be something else.
    I came in a hair of getting a Banana Fire Mojave Pastel. There are so many beautiful snakes out there! Before I started looking for one I thought all there where was the normal ones you see at big box pet stores and albinos.

I want to get a male later, 3 years maybe, and am doing my research now to see what the best pairing would be.

• 03-13-2021, 12:45 PM
    Daniel_Effler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Or you can do "opposites" like "Melanie". ;) (as in- no melanin...)

Or since these are also known as "royal" pythons (Python regius), you might give her your favorite royal family name?

Whatever you call her, she'll still be beautiful. :welcome:

Oh Royal names... I could call her Daenerys Targaryen. I know game of thrones is going out of style though lol.

Thanks for the compliment. I can't help but stare at her when I take her out. Just something about those solid white scales that mesmerizes me.

• 03-13-2021, 01:35 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel_Effler View Post
    Oh Royal names... I could call her Daenerys Targaryen. I know game of thrones is going out of style though lol.

GoT can never go out of style. :)

I like Dany, aka Daenerys, or Arya. And if you already have a Blizzard then Snowball is cute too. Or what about Jadis, the Ice Queen of Narnia.

That’s all I got. 😀
  • 03-13-2021, 06:15 PM
    Spicey
    Or you could do what I'd probably do, and name her Shadow or Midnight.
    Stupid idea, I know, but if I get a BEL (it's on my list) I am totally going to do that. To go along with my cat named Rabbit and my dog named Kitty.:rolleye2::rolleye2::rolleye2:
  • 03-13-2021, 06:28 PM
    Daniel_Effler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicey View Post
    Or you could do what I'd probably do, and name her Shadow or Midnight.
    Stupid idea, I know, but if I get a BEL (it's on my list) I am totally going to do that. To go along with my cat named Rabbit and my dog named Kitty.:rolleye2::rolleye2::rolleye2:

Just need a Mexican black king snake called snowflake to complete the package lol [emoji3587]