Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,699

5 members and 2,694 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

Ball Python CARESHEET

Printable View

• 12-29-2010, 06:28 PM
    JLC
    Re: Ball Python CARESHEET
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Personguy View Post
    Thanks :) also I just got a young adult boy bp. He's used to living with people. The guy at the store said to wait a couple of weeks before feeding him and handling him. Is this true?
    Again thanks-Tim

I'd usually give it 5-7 days to try feeding...and then I won't handle a new arrival until they've eaten a couple of meals.
  • 12-29-2010, 06:59 PM
    Tim Personguy
    Thanks you have been a great help :D
  • 01-14-2011, 04:48 AM
    Superpop
    I started a thread and the first response I got may have pertinent information to the BP caresheet.

It's about having 2 hides and whether they should be 'identical' or not.

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...hides-question

If indeed their hides should be identical I hope the caresheet will be updated to reflect that because right now there is no mention that the 2 hides should be identical.
  • 01-15-2011, 02:30 PM
    JLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpop View Post
    I started a thread and the first response I got may have pertinent information to the BP caresheet.

It's about having 2 hides and whether they should be 'identical' or not.

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...hides-question

If indeed their hides should be identical I hope the caresheet will be updated to reflect that because right now there is no mention that the 2 hides should be identical.

There is no strict rule about the hides being "identical". It's a commonly suggested good idea is all. If they're identical, then you don't have to wonder if your snake is sacrificing healthy thermoregulation for the sake of a favorite hide. The caresheet describes a proper hide for ball pythons. So long as both hides fit that description, I don't believe they HAVE to be identical.
  • 11-20-2011, 10:37 PM
    armyjrod
    AWESOME great info after more then 25 years without a scaled friend your sheet was a great refresher and you taught me something new Thank you
  • 08-16-2012, 02:09 PM
    AaronAshley
    Hi there,

I was always told it's best to leave your new addition alone for a few days to settle into its new home. Moving homes/enclosures can be stressful for anyone! With my girl I found that after a few days she was fine to handle :)
  • 08-16-2012, 02:14 PM
    Capray
    hmm, define fine to handle. As in not striking at you? You should always wait till your snake has eaten for you before you start handling it, also give two days to digest a little after eating :/
  • 08-01-2013, 11:47 AM
    Solucki
    Ball Python CARESHEET
    The link doesn't work for me.
  • 08-01-2013, 07:25 PM
    dr del
    Which link - both the ones in the first post work fine for me?
  • 08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
    Solucki
    Ball Python CARESHEET
    The very first link. I'm using tapatalk with an iPhone tho. I haven't tried it on a regular computer.
    I just got it to open in safari tho. Thats weird.