Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,793

2 members and 2,791 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Hides, my way

Printable View

• 07-27-2011, 09:09 PM
    Old Sloppy
    Re: Hides, my way
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblue09 View Post
    i have a half log for mine right now but it lets a lot of light in. im thinking about putting cardboard over both ends and cutting a whole in one just big enough for her to fit in. shes about 3ft long. what do you guys think?

I have 3 half logs glued end to end.
    I started with 1 log, as she grew I just added on.
    One end I covered with aspen bedding.
    Then my BP doug a hole in the bedding, she seems to like both ends open.
    She moves the half log by pushing up while inside.
    She is big and quite strong.

Harry
  • 09-08-2011, 11:48 PM
    Memnite
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Thanks for chipping in :)

I'm new to Bps, just wondering if anyone can help me with branches and hides for adult bps? mine is about 2.5 ft maybe a bit shorter. thinking for the furture. any tips?? thanks!
  • 09-09-2011, 12:59 AM
    JLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Memnite View Post
    I'm new to Bps, just wondering if anyone can help me with branches and hides for adult bps? mine is about 2.5 ft maybe a bit shorter. thinking for the furture. any tips?? thanks!

You'll probably get a lot more attention and helpful answers if you do two things: One...start your own thread. Older threads are frequently overlooked. And Two...be more specific about your question. What sort of help do you need regarding branches and hides? :)
  • 09-30-2011, 06:53 PM
    Ogre
    I have a log, no not the half one like a log that I found and cleaned and cleaned some more I made sure it wasnting anything posionis and my BP loves it. It has holes in it and it has bends and such that she craws right under and sits there I have another hide in ther but she just sits on top of it and plays with it mostly.
  • 11-25-2011, 12:51 AM
    therunaway
    i use the little bowls made form like "paper" paper plate type things, one on top the other, but flipped over, so the hollow part is facing down nd the bottom one, the hollow part is torward the type if u r understanding this, i also painted them orange nd blue, and the other black nd rend.
  • 12-18-2011, 05:39 AM
    Kamille Kirkendoll
    Great ideas! The kitty litter pan is especially fantastic for larger snakes or a thicker BP! Our newest adopted snake will probably thicken up a bit and will no longer fit in his hide, so I may try the litter pan. Thanks again! :)
  • 06-20-2012, 06:43 PM
    Old Sloppy
    O.K.

Harry
  • 07-24-2012, 07:28 AM
    khaan
    I'm new to Bps, just wondering if anyone can help me with branches and hides for adult bps? mine is about 2 ft maybe a bit shorter. thinking for the future. any tips?? thanks!
  • 07-28-2012, 09:39 AM
    Joshua Jasper
    thanks!
    Thanks, that is very helpful and gives us some hide solutions for our growing collection!
  • 03-29-2013, 11:10 AM
    awasngegigit