Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,155

3 members and 1,152 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Axanthic Markers

Printable View

• 06-03-2019, 01:02 PM
    Reptilius
    Axanthic Markers
    My new Super Pastel het Axanthic girl. My question , is she a normal Super Pastel, or is the het Axanthic making her dark and affecting the pattern. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e45a0b488b.jpg

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
  • 06-03-2019, 01:37 PM
    Lord Sorril
    Re: Axanthic Markers
    I have yet to see markers on any VPI Het Axanthics. If anyone knows any-let me know as I have a lot of proof breeding to do. :)
  • 06-03-2019, 02:30 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Just the normal progression considering age and size.
  • 06-03-2019, 02:58 PM
    Reptilius
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    I have yet to see markers on any VPI Het Axanthics. If anyone knows any-let me know as I have a lot of proof breeding to do. :)

As far as I know, there is no such thing as an Axanthic Marker in any form of the morph.

• 06-03-2019, 03:01 PM
    Reptilius
    Slightly off button here, but this is what I have to pair up with her this coming season. 1) Champagne Pastel, 2) Specter, 3) Fire, 4) Pastel, 5) Albino. Which of the 5 would you use.

• 06-03-2019, 04:21 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reptilius View Post
    Slightly off button here, but this is what I have to pair up with her this coming season. 1) Champagne Pastel, 2) Specter, 3) Fire, 4) Pastel, 5) Albino. Which of the 5 would you use.

None of those I would look for a Male axanthic combo.

But if you have to your best choice is the champagne pastel, the Albino being the worse producing pastel albinos poss het axanthic is a long shot and pastel Albinos are nothing special either in the long run.

Breeding a pastel male vs a Champagne pastel would just be a waste as well, why use one gene when you can use two.
  • 06-03-2019, 07:10 PM
    PitOnTheProwl
    Thats where I differ, I like recessives so I would go for the Pastel Het Albino Poss Het Axanthic and hope for a male to breed back for the long shot.
  • 06-04-2019, 09:59 AM
    Reptilius
    I can always do a colab with a friend of mine and breed a Pastel Fire het Axanthic to her. How does that sound.
  • 06-20-2019, 08:57 AM
    Reptilius
    Not to belabour a point, she finally shed, and I am not convinced that she is just a plain Super Pastel.
    Will take pics tonight and post tomorrow. I don't really care about the het Axanthic.
    If she has some Yellowbelly in her, then it changes my plans with her.