Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,976

1 members and 2,975 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

He doesnt want to eat

Printable View

• 12-07-2004, 10:19 PM
    wendy27752
    Hi there, I have a 16 " savy. I purchased him about 3 weeks and he just doesnt want to eat. I bought crickets, nope he doesnt like them. I bought meal worms same thing I find them hiding under a log. I bought monitor canned food and he doesnt touch it... Help? I did try a few baby mich and those he ate when I first got him but now he lets them crawl all over him.
    Someone said raise the temp. So I have it at 95 on the hot side and 84-86 on the cooler side and still nothing. He loves hard boiled eggs but it doesnt seem like he is eating enough. I am waiting for goliath worms and wax worms to be delivered hopefully that will work.
    He loves to sleep in his water dish as well is that ok or is it to hot?

Im worried I dont want him/her to die...Other then that he/she seems healthy. Oh yea how do you get them to stop rubbing their snout on the glass?
  • 12-08-2004, 10:55 AM
    CTReptileRescue
    I would offer him, some ground turkey with egg and maybe you can throw in some mealies and crickets, I would also recommend putting a good quality vit/calcium supplement on his food. Has he been to the vet?
    Quote:

Oh yea how do you get them to stop rubbing their snout on the glass?
    His enclosure may be too small, If you feel it is adaquate size for him right now then you can cover the sides with something so he cannot see through the glass. That can be very stressfull for them.
    How often are you handling him?
    Thanks
    Rusty