Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,071

4 members and 3,067 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
  • 01-11-2011, 09:43 AM
    Jonas@Balls2TheWall
    Ship Your Reptiles is now Fedex Certified.
    I just received an email from SYR. It appears they are now fedex certified. Im assuming this means shipping snakes through them is now an option. This is a good thing for a lot of people. I am already fed ex certified but it wont hurt to get the SYR discount.
  • 01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
    cinderbird
    Re: Ship Your Reptiles is now Fedex Certified.
    Would you mind posting the email? I'm a member of SYR and haven't received any such email.

When I go to their shipping quote page, I receive this message:

"A note to our valued customers

WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING THROUGH TECHNICAL ISSUES.
    WE WILL RESUME SHIPPING SERVICES AS SOON AS WE CAN."
  • 01-11-2011, 11:54 AM
    Jonas@Balls2TheWall
    "Great news for our reptile shipping customers

To our valued customers,

We have great news! After building our service and shipping more than 50,000 packages with UPS, we are now finalizing a stronger partnership with FedEx -- specifically as a third-party reptile shipper.

ShipYourReptiles.com

ShipYourReptiles.com is now an official FedEx-certified live reptile shipper. We are in the final stages of re-activating our reptile shipping service.

ShipYourReptiles.com customers can ship live reptiles, including snakes, to businesses or residences.
    Because we are FedEx live certified, you don't have to be.
    Thanks to our customer support team, you'll continue to get the same level of customer service as a million-dollar shipper.
    With FedEx Priority Overnight service, you'll enjoy guaranteed 10:30 a.m. arrival to most addresses.
    You'll get a great rate!
    ShipYourAquatics.com

We are working on re-instating aquatics shipping services. While we work on this, you can still buy aquatics shipping supplies.

ShipYourBicycles.com and ShipYourRC.com

ShipYourBicycles.com and ShipYourRC.com will be offline while we work on re-activating their shipping services.

ShipYourReptiles.com is certified to ship live reptiles, including snakes, to businesses and residences using FedEx Priority Overnight service. We are very excited about our FedEx partnership, and we hope to add more services in the future.

We will contact you when ShipYourReptiles.com is fully operational.

Thanks for your support,

-- Robyn@AllProShipping.com

© 2011 AllProShipping.com. All rights reserved. UPS and the UPS brandmark are trademarks that are used with permission by the owner, United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved.

Unsubscribe

Forward this email to a friend"
  • 01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
    cinderbird
    wow, thanks for posting this!
  • 01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
    BoaFreak
    I recieved the same e-mail this morning :gj:
  • 01-11-2011, 01:01 PM
    LunaBalls
    I get the same message, still no date when we can ship right?
  • 01-11-2011, 03:48 PM
    Robyn@SYR
    This has been a lot of work, and a lot of time. We have been in talks with FedEx for nearly a year, since before we lost snake shipping with UPS. Super top secret James Bond talks.

After a year and a half of shipping with UPS, they finally decided to walk away from it. There were a number of contributing issues. There is definitely phobia over snakes, but there are also third party shipping issues, and the trouble of existing "outside the box" of a normal account. Lots of folks at UPS loved and supported us, and some did not.

We STILL HAVE OUR UPS accounts, all of them. We still ship everyday, contrary to others' insistence. I would be happy to provide proof of current UPS accounts and shipments, if someone so needs it : )

We just can't book shipments through the SYR site with UPS.

We are in the final days of tech issues for the conversion to FedEx. There are a ton of small details and loose ends associated with accounts, shipping histories, generating labels, all of that internal stuff. We need to get that all wrapped up, get a few days of testing done, then I will send out an email 1-2 days before we are ready to throw the switch. We are looking at days, a week, not months. It is coming soon.

And to touch on some key issues with FedEx...

FedEx has a specific approval board of VPs that approve business models outside of the normal box. Unusual cases go through that board for approval. UPS has nothing like that at all. We have specific approval from that board. Third party online reptile shipping. SPECIFICALLY. And we got residential delivery as well. SPECIFICALLY.

There is also a FedEx Live Animal Desk, and they have been tremendously supportive as well.

With the normal certification process, there is a Business to Business shipping/delivery requirement. SYR is specifically intended to help the reptile hobbyist ship live reptiles (including non-venomous snakes) safely and effectively. Those hobbyists are often home based. In accordance with the model we presented, backed up with our history and 50k+ safe shipments, they are giving us the ability to ship to residential addresses. As a responsible SYR shipper, you will not be required to have individual FedEd certification.

For those with doubt, verification is going to be on FedEx's side. They are wrapping up now with the language for our account notes, and that language will appear on our account for FedEx employees to log onto and verify for themselves. Any FedEx employee will be able to pull up these reference notes and verify the third party snake/reptile shipping to a business or residence. We are looking to push this reference cue onto the shipping label as well.

There are some restrictions to our relaunch. We can only relaunch the SYR site. We can't go live with Aquatics, Bikes or RC. Only reptiles. And we can only offer Priority Overnight on the site. No second or third day delivery, no Ground shipping. They are offering live reptile shipping support, and the only way to safely and responsibly ship live reptiles is by Priority Overnight, with a 10:30am delivery (to most addresses).

FedEx has been terrific. It has taken a long time, because we are an unusual case, but SYR provides a valuable service to the reptile hobbyist and we execute it very well. 99% of the reptile community is super supportive, and we deeply appreciate that.

Again, I will send out an email 1-2 days before we go live. In the meantime I am happy to answer questions at Robyn@ShipYourReptiles.com.
  • 01-11-2011, 03:56 PM
    Powerspythons
    Amazing!!!
  • 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
    Twisted Reptiles
    Best of luck and I hope it all gets worked out. Call me a naysayer but I'll believe it all when there is proof in front of us. Sorry, just been entirely too much he said/she said about all of this third party reptile shipping.

I'll continue to rely on my Fedex Certification for now, but...if you can get better rates (I'm sure) and everything is legit, then its worth looking into for sure.

Best of luck and I hope all of your hard work pays off.
  • 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
    RichsBallPythons
    Worst thing to happen to the industry as FedEx is our main resort of shipping since SYR ruined it with UPS.

If this gets the green light and they mess this up say good bye to reptile shipping for good.

I vote NO on this and have contacted my Rep to stop this service.

I will never use their service again since the beginning hiccups.

Ill stick with my Fedex Cert