Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,017

2 members and 3,015 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Close call

Printable View

• 12-06-2018, 12:55 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Close call
    I was refreshing everyone's water today and inadvertently left the top off of my male boas tub. I got distracted and started talking to my son for a few minutes. When I went back to finish my task I realized my error. Thank goodness he didn't make a run for it. Lesson learned. :snake:
  • 12-06-2018, 01:06 AM
    redshepherd
    How nice that he chilled out in there!

I've had this happen before a few times with my dumeril's boa, not sure why I keep forgetting her's. A couple times, she stayed inside. But one time, I forgot about it for many hours and I came back and found her laying flat across the rack nearby... I'm just glad she's 6 feet and can't really hide anymore.
  • 12-06-2018, 01:15 AM
    Bogertophis
    Been there, done that...:D Glad he stayed put. Most of mine are more active...
  • 12-06-2018, 05:35 AM
    dakski
    Re: Close call
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    I was refreshing everyone's water today and inadvertently left the top off of my male boas tub. I got distracted and started talking to my son for a few minutes. When I went back to finish my task I realized my error. Thank goodness he didn't make a run for it. Lesson learned. :snake:

Wow! Lucky duck EL-Ziggy!

Yeah, my BP and Boa's probably would have done the same thing 90% of the time.

Figment, my adult corn, he would be halfway to Florida by now!
  • 12-06-2018, 07:20 AM
    richardhind1972
    Wow that was lucky, I had left little Harleys viv open last week after I changed his water, with being so horny at the moment for all the girls in the room by morning when I went to check on everyone he's was ,was behind any of the Viv's I was just about to put a towel across the door to stop him getting out if he wasn't already, I think he would be able to fit under if he got out that gap, Sonu just thought I would check at the side of the bed and luckily he I saw his tail stick out , so managed to get him , he wasn't very warm so popped him straight back in , without having to explain to the wife we have an escape, lol

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
  • 12-06-2018, 02:01 PM
    Helonwheelz383
    I did that and she decided to make a break for it and wind herself in and out of the side of my laundry basket then she wouldn't let it go lol. Needless to say I ended up having to wait for her to move.
  • 12-06-2018, 02:11 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Helonwheelz383 View Post
    I did that and she decided to make a break for it and wind herself in and out of the side of my laundry basket then she wouldn't let it go lol. Needless to say I ended up having to wait for her to move.

Which reminds me...never lay in a rope hammock with your snake! ;) Unless you want to re-name them Dream-Weaver...
  • 12-06-2018, 04:13 PM
    RickyNY
    Boas are chilled Ziggy, I've left the glass door open for my boa and he doesn't go anywhere, just sticks his head out to see around and get some air. :D
    Now we couldn't do that with our Carpets, could we? :rolleyes:
  • 12-06-2018, 08:51 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyNY View Post
    Boas are chilled Ziggy, I've left the glass door open for my boa and he doesn't go anywhere, just sticks his head out to see around and get some air. :D
    Now we couldn't do that with our Carpets, could we? :rolleyes:

Chill yes, but that's how boas get us to let down our guard. ;) When I had a BCI, one time I had her out for "exercise" & she laid still on my bed while I was folding clothes. Not a hint of her intention to sneak off, but the one & only time I left the room for a couple minutes, she slithered off & hid in a partly-open
    bureau drawer. And hissed up a storm when I found her hiding place. It was adorable, really...she didn't want to part with "her" drawer.
  • 12-06-2018, 09:44 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    I'm usually pretty good about locking down my cages. I got sloppy and then got lucky. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's made this mistake but I'm determined to be more conscious and aware. I lost an escaped BP many years ago and would hate to go through that again.