Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,908

1 members and 1,907 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Talion Progression Thread

Printable View

• 10-31-2017, 07:49 PM
    Ashleigh91
    Talion Progression Thread
    Well, the noodle finally arrived! We had a two hour drive to go get him, and now he's home :3

In my excitement I completely forgot to take any pictures before we put him away. We did weigh him though and he's all of 78 grams. He hatched July 10th, so he's just under four months.

I did open his lid and take a quick picture of him, so we had SOMETHING to document his first day here. Poor little man is pretty scared though, stuck at his hide when I was putting it back. Won't be bothering him until feeding day.

Breeder said to try him on Friday, but I'm thinking I should give him a full week to chill out. Thoughts?

Anyways, here he is! I'll get more, and in better lighting in a few weeks when he's settled in.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...62547d4593.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...664c14c330.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c9c16dea97.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...671acf6c0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
  • 10-31-2017, 08:22 PM
    zina10
    Beautiful snake, I love the head stamp. Very unique :)
  • 10-31-2017, 08:33 PM
    KillerKame
    Beautiful boy!

When it comes down to the when to feed question there are different schools of thought. Some go by a hard fast wait a week rule. I personally prefer to read my snake. If he is starting to peek his head out by Friday and is active at night chances are that he'll be ready to feed.
  • 10-31-2017, 08:41 PM
    Ashleigh91
    Re: Talion Progression Thread
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Beautiful snake, I love the head stamp. Very unique :)

Thank you! Clowns always have to most interesting head stamps, don't they? And the uniqueness of his pattern was the deal breaker between him and his brother for sure.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerKame View Post
    Beautiful boy!

When it comes down to the when to feed question there are different schools of thought. Some go by a hard fast wait a week rule. I personally prefer to read my snake. If he is starting to peek his head out by Friday and is active at night chances are that he'll be ready to feed.

That's probably exactly what I'll do in terms of feeding him. If he seems ready on Friday I'll go for it, if not he can wait the full week. Thanks for the input.

• 10-31-2017, 10:46 PM
    Ashleigh91
    He also has a perfect little dot on the tip of his snoot that I *really* want to boop.

• 10-31-2017, 11:29 PM
    Starscream
    I love him already, plz tell him that he is deeply admired. <3
  • 11-01-2017, 11:25 AM
    Ashleigh91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    I love him already, plz tell him that he is deeply admired. <3

Thank you! I'll let the little sir know the next time I see him.

On our way outside to let the dog out before bed last night I saw him climbing on his vine and exploring a bit. :D

So happy! I just want to go hold him but.. must. resist. the. urge.

• 11-01-2017, 02:48 PM
    Ax01
    YAY! that's the one i chose too from the pix u posted. i love the pattern!

congratulations on the pretty boy!

:)
  • 11-02-2017, 10:55 AM
    Ashleigh91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    YAY! that's the one i chose too from the pix u posted. i love the pattern!

congratulations on the pretty boy!

:)

Thanks! He was my favorite too. Plus I'm pretty sure the other snake that he switched to f/t was actually not the second snake that we were considering sooooooo that made the final choice pretty easy haha.

Also, I know this is an awful picture, but I'm so happy to see him go for his quick little explorations at night! This is taken through the tub, so I'm sorry, but it's the closest thing to interaction that I have right now xD

I could stare at him all day <3https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bd4a4113f5.jpg

• 11-03-2017, 03:35 PM
    Ashleigh91
    He ate!!

*happy dance*

I'm such a proud momma right now! I wasn't sure if he was actually settled in enough to eat, and the smallest rat fuzzies that the store had were a tad on the large side for him. Tim assured me they would be fine, so I figured why not, let's try today. I've caught him poking around once or twice at night and it's been a week and a bit since his last meal with Tim.

Thawed in cool water, then heated it up with the hair dryer and once I took his hide off of him he went right for it. Didn't seem scared of it at all, just went for a great strike and construction.

Aaaahhhhh I'm so happy. I love that feeling!

I'm sitting here yelling to Bryan "He struck it!!" ..... "he's eating it - yay!" .... "come watch him eat!" And he's looking at me like I'm nuts haha. Probably am. Oh well!

(Seems silly to be so proud of a snake for eating haha)

:D