Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,557

3 members and 1,554 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 04-06-2010, 04:07 PM
    vantranist
    I need to ship my ball python cross country, help please.
    I got my BP when i lived in florida, i move back out to california a few months ago and the only way i knew how to get my snake to come with me is to check him as an animal at the air port. This cost me a fortune, much more the snake and all his accesories costed me, well i am moving back to florida and i really don't want to do this again.

I see people who breed and sell snakes ship them all the time for under $40. What is the best cheapest way to ship thats safe for my snake? It will be going from CA to FL. Please help me asap, i need to leave in just 5 days!
  • 04-06-2010, 04:10 PM
    771subliminal
    Re: I need to ship my ball python cross country, help please.
    http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/

or you can find someone on here that lives by you to ship it to you once you get there as well im sure you could find someone
  • 04-06-2010, 04:15 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Watch to video on how to properly and safely pack your animal

YouTube - How to Ship Your Reptiles : part 2 of 2

, use http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ to book your shipment and drop your animal off at the UPS hub.
  • 04-06-2010, 04:23 PM
    vantranist
    So basicly all i need to do is ship it UPS? I will pack my reptile as i see in the video, what does shipyoureptiles.com even do, just sell the supplys? Because i got a quote on their website and it says they ship UPS. Can i not just go directly to the ups store or something?

or will shipyourreptiles.com come to my house and do everything for me(including packaging)? all i need to do is pay them?
  • 04-06-2010, 04:40 PM
    771subliminal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vantranist View Post
    So basicly all i need to do is ship it UPS? I will pack my reptile as i see in the video, what does shipyoureptiles.com even do, just sell the supplys? Because i got a quote on their website and it says they ship UPS. Can i not just go directly to the ups store or something?

or will shipyourreptiles.com come to my house and do everything for me(including packaging)? all i need to do is pay them?

you need to have the proper certifications to ship with ups or fedex http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ is already setup for shipping and going threw them to set up your shipping lets you use their certification to ship
  • 04-06-2010, 04:48 PM
    vantranist
    I see, i understand now. TY.
  • 04-26-2010, 09:00 PM
    Goth_Dragon
    hi...i see the date from this post is a few weeks old but i hope someone can help me. I'm moving to Puerto Rico and i tried using shipyourreptile.com but it seems they dont ship to Puerto Rico. I already went to FEDEX,UPS,called the Airport the vet, Freight company's and no one can help me out all they have answered me is that i need to be a certified breeder and have the correct license or something... i really need to take it its my Pet you know dont wanna leave it behind plus no one will take care of it where i live at the moment in PA. Any suggestions???:confused:
  • 04-26-2010, 09:33 PM
    dr del
    Hi,

You NEED cites certification to legally ship your animal internationally.

It can take months to arrange apparently - you need import paperwork from the destination and export paperwork from the country of origin.

I hate to say it but you should have started arranging this a long time ago. :(

dr del