Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,875

1 members and 2,874 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Tirel, Ghost Boa

Printable View

• 09-13-2018, 04:29 PM
    CloudtheBoa
  • 09-13-2018, 04:29 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Re: Tirel, Ghost Boa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudtheBoa View Post
    I'm not sure how easy it is to tell in this photo, but she has an odd shape to her body due to having a healthy girth size but no muscle. Her body is more of a trapezoid shape than a rectangle. I haven't really been able to get her to have more of a normal boa body shape even with feeding her larger meals more often than the others.

I have a boa that is similar, was very thin and underfed and even after years of a slow steady diet, still maintains a rather odd body shape with lower than average muscle tone. I've also given her more things to climb on and such than I normally do but of course she just chills in her hide most of the time. Just keep at it doing the good stuff. Hopefully both of ours turn out nicely in the long run. :)
  • 09-13-2018, 06:59 PM
    CloudtheBoa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    I have a boa that is similar, was very thin and underfed and even after years of a slow steady diet, still maintains a rather odd body shape with lower than average muscle tone. I've also given her more things to climb on and such than I normally do but of course she just chills in her hide most of the time. Just keep at it doing the good stuff. Hopefully both of ours turn out nicely in the long run. :)

She definitely wasn’t underfed, I’m not sure why exactly she has such low body tone. But hopefully our girls still turn out a good muscle mass later on. :) Tirel at least still seems healthy otherwise, and is growing nicely, so I’m not too worried, even if I don’t feel she can be used as a breeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 09-13-2018, 11:02 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    I don't have much experience with boas but I still think she looks nice. :)
  • 09-17-2018, 04:47 PM
    richardhind1972
    Looking really good ,sure she will tone up

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • 09-18-2018, 04:23 PM
    CloudtheBoa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    Looking really good ,sure she will tone up

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm hoping. She's at least gained a little bit of strength the just over 2 years I've had her.