Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,193

2 members and 3,191 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Ghost (Orange Line)

Printable View

• 01-21-2019, 09:11 AM
    bhsurf4
    Ghost (Orange Line)
    I was looking on Morph Market for something I couldnt live without and I saw a ghost (Orange line) that I either haven’t seen before or didn’t pay attention to. To me it looked almost identical to my Carmel albino. Beautiful animal. You can’t always trust pics so I was wondering if anyone on here has worked with or kept this morph? And has ultramel taken the spot of Carmel albino? Don’t see much of that gene anymore. I know there were issues with sub fertility and even kinking.
  • 01-21-2019, 01:21 PM
    Lord Sorril
    Re: Ghost (Orange Line)
    I work with Orange Ghost and I was previously working with Caramel Albino. The two look nothing alike-if photos of the two look similar: then one is edited...or one has been mislabeled.

I stopped my Caramel Albino project because I saw a pronounced level of deformity in the tails in a noticeable percentage of my visual hatchlings: Not cool. I'm sure if I wanted to 'breed it out': I could have, but, rehoming/culling dozens of deformed ball pythons is not on my list of favorite things to do.
  • 01-21-2019, 01:32 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Ghost or Hypo and Caramel Albino are completely different mutations, Orange Ghosts have been around for a very long time and are compatible with the most common lines of hypo such as Bell, Butterscotch.

This is an adult Orange Ghost Female

http://i67.tinypic.com/t6bach.jpg

Most people have stop working with Caramel Albino a long time ago because of kink issues, over the years those that were working with Caramel Albinos either stop all together or slowly gravitated toward the Ultramel.
  • 01-21-2019, 03:49 PM
    bhsurf4
    I wish I was smart enough to link the snake from morph market. I know what orange ghost is and I know what ghost/hypo is this said it was ghost/hypo and then in parenthesis it said “orange line” and it didn’t look like an orange ghost or a ghost/hypo. I need to figure out how to link this snake!
  • 01-21-2019, 03:52 PM
    bhsurf4
  • 01-21-2019, 04:02 PM
    Lord Sorril
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bhsurf4 View Post

I can overexpose and crank my 'vivid' settings on my camera to max too. I can turn a GHI as bright as the sun. That is why I do all my snake shopping in person. :)
  • 01-21-2019, 05:36 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bhsurf4 View Post
    I wish I was smart enough to link the snake from morph market. I know what orange ghost is and I know what ghost/hypo is this said it was ghost/hypo and then in parenthesis it said “orange line” and it didn’t look like an orange ghost or a ghost/hypo. I need to figure out how to link this snake!

A ghost is a ghost is a ghost and it look no different than any orange ghost I have seen in the past.
  • 01-21-2019, 08:17 PM
    PitOnTheProwl
    One of my females taken a while ago.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ace0924740.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk