Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,421

3 members and 3,418 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Fedex drop off question

Printable View

• 01-18-2012, 12:42 PM
    sandersnd44
    Fedex drop off question
    I am currently a year away from breeding my ball pythons but I was doing some research that way everything is set up when I start. But I ran into a problem with shipping. I figured I would use SYR. But the only fedex locations near me are self service drop boxes. Do people use theses to ship reptiles?,I'm assuming they don't,. And what other way could I ship them?
  • 01-18-2012, 12:52 PM
    RobNJ
    Re: Fedex drop off question
    You can schedule a Fedex pick up.
  • 01-18-2012, 01:05 PM
    Xotik
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RobNJ View Post
    You can schedule a Fedex pick up.

123. They will come right to your door, just like if you were GETTING a package - but you give it to them. I think you have to have a printer and yadayada to print the shipping labels.
  • 01-18-2012, 01:07 PM
    Homegrownscales
    Yes you'll need to print out an syr label. Or if you get fedex certified you can get a pile of airbills and use them as you go. Then schedule a pick up!

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com
  • 01-18-2012, 02:48 PM
    sandersnd44
    That's cool. Thanks guys. What kind a time frame do you need to allow for pick up??
  • 01-18-2012, 03:00 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Drop them off at a Fed-Ex manned location, scheduling a pickup will increase your shipping cost. Also it will increase the amount of stress and travel time your snake has. Even if you have to drive 15-20 minutes to drop your snake off it's better for them and your customer. the other thing is that by dropping them off at the latest time you can.. So for example for me the last pick up for my area via truck is 3PM but my local drop off cuts off at 6:30pm so by dropping it off at 6PM the snake spends 3 hours less in the box and it still arrives at the same time.
  • 01-18-2012, 03:16 PM
    Simple Man
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    Drop them off at a Fed-Ex manned location, scheduling a pickup will increase your shipping cost. Also it will increase the amount of stress and travel time your snake has. Even if you have to drive 15-20 minutes to drop your snake off it's better for them and your customer. the other thing is that by dropping them off at the latest time you can.. So for example for me the last pick up for my area via truck is 3PM but my local drop off cuts off at 6:30pm so by dropping it off at 6PM the snake spends 3 hours less in the box and it still arrives at the same time.

X2. Great post!

Wrong area to skimp on. I don't even allow the snakes I order to hit the truck. I pick them up right at the World Service Center hub in my area.

Regards,

B
  • 01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
    sandersnd44
    That's the problem. Closest manned drop off is hour and a half round trip.
  • 01-18-2012, 03:37 PM
    Jabberwocky Dragons
    That shouldn't be a problem. Factor the time into your expenses (in this case a time expense) and decide if breeding is worth it to you. The animals will do much better in your climate controlled car than in the back of a Fed-Ex truck. An occasional 90 minute round trip isn't much in the scheme of things.
  • 01-18-2012, 03:40 PM
    sandersnd44
    Plus factor in work schedule and gas