Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,929

0 members and 2,929 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
  • 11-13-2011, 12:49 PM
    ball-pythons
    i want to try this setup in the future an possibly switch to it for good, looks clean and looks like a cheaper setup by far - thanks for sharing!
  • 11-24-2011, 07:22 PM
    ball-pythons
    not sure if the creator of this thread still checks it but.. if so can u message me with what kind of thermostat you are using to run all the uth's or do you use several :confused:

thanks
  • 11-25-2011, 12:40 AM
    Vypyrz
    Re: Vypyrz Tub Set-Up, The Basics...*DUW*
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ball-pythons View Post
    not sure if the creator of this thread still checks it but.. if so can u message me with what kind of thermostat you are using to run all the uth's or do you use several :confused:

thanks

That set-up is being controlled by a Herpstat Pro. Yes, that may be overkill for a tub set-up, but I bought that thermostat to control the eventual permanent PVC cages that I would need as my snakes out grow their tubs.
  • 01-04-2012, 01:18 PM
    nikitajane25
    So heat pads, and flextape won't melt the plastic bins?
  • 01-04-2012, 01:24 PM
    Vypyrz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nikitajane25 View Post
    So heat pads, and flextape won't melt the plastic bins?

As long as you are using a thermostat to control the heat source, no, it will not melt the plastic.
  • 02-23-2012, 12:04 AM
    nickxshort
    I would love to know where you got the shelves and cabinet if you don't mind. They are exactly what I want! Great setup btw :-)
  • 02-25-2012, 04:13 PM
    Vypyrz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nickxshort View Post
    I would love to know where you got the shelves and cabinet if you don't mind. They are exactly what I want! Great setup btw :-)

I got them at either Lowes or Home Depot. They both sell those type of plastic shelving. Since they are designed to be stacked as a unit, I did have to make some modifications to brace the legs for the second set so that it didn't wobble. If you need photos on how I did that, just let me know...
  • 06-19-2012, 09:51 AM
    Torch77
    What size tubs would you recommend for average size BP's? This is a clean set up. You mentioned getting a PVC cage, is this because tubs are not a permanent solution? I like the tubs but only want to switch if it's a lasting solution. I have wood enclosure and it's too difficult to regulate temp and humidity.
  • 06-19-2012, 10:01 AM
    Aes_Sidhe
    Average size of tubs for average size...If you talking about Adults...32qt is fine if You have very large female You should go with 41 qt for her
  • 06-19-2012, 01:43 PM
    Vypyrz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Torch77 View Post
    What size tubs would you recommend for average size BP's? This is a clean set up. You mentioned getting a PVC cage, is this because tubs are not a permanent solution? I like the tubs but only want to switch if it's a lasting solution. I have wood enclosure and it's too difficult to regulate temp and humidity.

You can use tubs as a permanent solution as long as it meets your snakes requirements. My BP does just fine in his tub, however, most of my boas are outgrowing their tubs and need the space of the larger pvc enclosures.