Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,944

3 members and 2,941 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Bad shed? No problem.

Printable View

• 01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
    jonnydanger
    Re: Bad shed? No problem.
    Wow this really helped me a lot! My female spider was having a heck of a time sheding and it all came off with one try. Thanks again for the great post!
  • 01-08-2009, 11:08 PM
    MattA*
    heyyy, im new here and i have a question for u
    my ball python had a bad shed and iv gave her a bath just like u did at the top the only problem is she sill has skin left of her head and after a bath i try to rub it off but she wont let me....any ideas?
  • 01-09-2009, 12:33 AM
    tigerlily
    You can always try using a wet pillowcase, and then putting the snake back in the enclosure for an hour. I usually just repeat the soaking the following day and the gets rid of anything that sticks around.
  • 01-09-2009, 12:55 AM
    MattA*
    What do u mean by that?
    ..like instead of a soak of after a soak put her in a wet pillowcase?
  • 01-09-2009, 01:16 PM
    tigerlily
    Yup. Sorry for not clarifying that a bit more. I've had sick kids which means little sleep for me, and I'm barely coherent on good days. ;)

I've always had the above method work, even if it's taken two days, but I've heard of great success with the wet pillowcases too.
  • 01-09-2009, 06:14 PM
    MattA*
    oh ok cool, ill just keep tryin
    but ya dont worry about it :)
    and thx a lot for the help
  • 01-20-2009, 01:02 AM
    ohkid918
    sry if i sound dumb but i didnt clearly understand one part.. when is it best to give a bath?? afterr the shed?
  • 01-20-2009, 07:23 AM
    SecurityStacey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ohkid918 View Post
    sry if i sound dumb but i didnt clearly understand one part.. when is it best to give a bath?? afterr the shed?

It's best to do what is outlined here after a bad shed.
  • 01-21-2009, 07:10 PM
    tigerlily
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ohkid918 View Post

It's probably just me be freaky about wording, but this is not about bathing. This is just one means to remove a bad shed, so you should not soak beforehand. I will wait a day or two after the shed has occurred, and there is a significant amount of that shed that is retained. Hope that helps.
  • 02-15-2009, 02:57 PM
    JeffJ
    wantes to say thanks to the OP, this helpped me allot with a recent bad shed and, im glad to say mhy BP is doing great now. and looks very good as well.