Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,102

0 members and 3,102 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 01-07-2019, 05:57 PM
    hvactechgreen
    Re: My Ball Python is a little brat
    That is awesome. Looks comfy.
  • 01-07-2019, 05:58 PM
    SnakeBrat
    Quote:

You aren't the first & only one with a "snake brat", lol...
    Oh I'm sure I'm not lol Ball pythons have quite the personality!

Quote:

Alternatively apoxie sculpt works very well for filling stuff in/covering the hole or even sculpting over. It self cures in 24 hours and once it does it's pretty much as hard as steel. Waterproof, non-toxic and non porous. One of my favorite mediums to work with for DIY projects.
    That one sounds really good to use, I like that its non porous. Thanks!
  • 01-07-2019, 05:58 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hvactechgreen View Post
    That is awesome. Looks comfy.

Yeah, you can almost see the smirk on his little face too. :D Like a little kid playing hide & seek...
  • 01-07-2019, 05:59 PM
    SnakeBrat
    She is certainly smug about her accomplishment lol
  • 01-07-2019, 06:00 PM
    hvactechgreen
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Yeah, you can almost see the smirk on his little face too. :D Like a little kid playing hide & seek...

Reminds me of my 2 year old. He gets that little grin and just as I try to grab him he takes off.
  • 01-07-2019, 06:43 PM
    bcr229
    While it worked out this time, décor with fully-enclosed holes should be avoided in snake enclosures as sometimes snakes get themselves wedged into something like this and then they can't back themselves out. There are some members here who had to destroy the piece to free the snake.

If you look at the design of hides specifically for snakes, the access holes are never fully enclosed.
  • 01-07-2019, 06:49 PM
    SnakeBrat
    Quote:

While it worked out this time, décor with fully-enclosed holes should be avoided in snake enclosures as sometimes snakes get themselves wedged into something like this and then they can't back themselves out. There are some members here who had to destroy the piece to free the snake.

If you look at the design of hides specifically for snakes, the access holes are never fully enclosed.
    Yeah this is very true, luckily she isn't stuck stuck, would have been very scary if she did. None of her other hides or decor are hollow, just this one that I used for a cold hide and never had problems with her getting into it until now. I certainly will avoid things like this in the future.
  • 01-07-2019, 06:53 PM
    Bogertophis
    Also: since these spaces aren't intended for the snake to get into, they may also have sharp edges exposed that a snake can get injured on.
    Just like little kids, we have to do the thinking for our snakes because they just don't know any better. ;)
  • 01-07-2019, 08:52 PM
    bcr229
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Just like little kids, we have to do the thinking for our snakes because they just don't know any better. ;)

Or like horses, 99% of taking care of them is preventing them from killing themselves.
  • 01-07-2019, 08:59 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Or like horses, 99% of taking care of them is preventing them from killing themselves.

Oh that is SOOOO true! LOL!