Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,282

1 members and 3,281 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 09-17-2022, 02:08 PM
    plateOfFlan
    Re: How often do you see your BPs drink water?
    Apparently it's a big sign of trust if your snake lets you see them drink - I have one that's very secretive and one who will reach over to have a drink while I'm carrying her on one arm and carrying her water dish back from the sink in the other - she couldn't care less lol
  • 09-17-2022, 02:41 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by plateOfFlan View Post
    Apparently it's a big sign of trust if your snake lets you see them drink - I have one that's very secretive and one who will reach over to have a drink while I'm carrying her on one arm and carrying her water dish back from the sink in the other - she couldn't care less lol

Yes, that makes total sense- snakes are distracted when eating or drinking, & they know they're at risk from predators.
  • 09-17-2022, 05:32 PM
    Kryptic
    I got mine in the beginning of June and have seen him drink several times. But I also spend a good amount of time at night in the room he's in, so I get to see him when he's fairly active.
  • 09-18-2022, 04:51 PM
    Albert Clark
    All snakes have a very sensitive hearing / feeling network of nerve endings on the ventral aspect / belly of their bodies. They can sense minute vibrations and are always on the alert to determine whether they need to go into defensive mode or just retreat. So as we move near their enclosures they can definitively sense our approach. Our footsteps are heard / felt just like that little mouse or rat is sensed. Not withstanding the smell and the little noises the rodents make also. This is partly why it’s sometimes not easy to see them drinking water.