Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,700

3 members and 2,697 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

Is this normal??

Printable View

• 08-05-2019, 06:23 AM
    Sophieg
    Is this normal??
    So my 1yr old corn has just gone into shed. What I find weird is that there was roughly 130 days between her last shed and the 1 before. Between now and her last shed it's only been 31 days [emoji848] Why has it come around so much quicker?

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
  • 08-05-2019, 06:39 AM
    Reinz
    That just happens. Your snake could have gone into a growth spurt in either length or girth, or both. She could have damaged some scales or eye caps which may have triggered the shed. Or she could just be being a snake to confuse things.

All of my adults do the same thing and they are not showing any appreciable growth at all. You would think their sheds would consistently be within a few days of the previous ones. Sometimes they are for a few cycles, then they will throw a 6 month one in there every now and then.

Elvira, my BP once went into the blue just TWO DAYS after a shed. One time she went into the blue and didn’t shed at all!

You can go crazy trying to figure these guys out.
  • 08-05-2019, 07:02 AM
    Sophieg
    Re: Is this normal??
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    That just happens. Your snake could have gone into a growth spurt in either length or girth, or both. She could have damaged some scales or eye caps which may have triggered the shed. Or she could just be being a snake to confuse things.

All of my adults do the same thing and they are not showing any appreciable growth at all. You would think their sheds would consistently be within a few days of the previous ones. Sometimes they are for a few cycles, then they will throw a 6 month one in there every now and then.

Elvira, my BP once went into the blue just TWO DAYS after a shed. One time she went into the blue and didn’t shed at all!

You can go crazy trying to figure these guys out.

Ahh okay lol! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk