Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,852

1 members and 2,851 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
  • 12-03-2016, 09:53 PM
    s.chapman
    My 2 year old LG is trying to escape all of a sudden???
    I have 2 leopard geckos, they are sisters, and their housed together in a 20 gallon tank. I haven't had any troubles with them until now my one leopard gecko Lily after cleaning the tank has all of a sudden decided she doesn't want to be in it anymore and I don't understand why. Nothing has changed nothing at all, can someone please help me understand why she's all of a sudden climbing the walls, she has never done this before except for when I first brought them both home. The tank is set up properly I can assure you. There's 4 hides, water, food, a warm side and a cool side at the temps they're supposed to be and 3 out of 4 sides of the tank are covered so they feel more secure. So what gives?
  • 12-03-2016, 10:24 PM
    s.chapman
    Re: My 2 year old LG is trying to escape all of a sudden???
    I think Liza (Lily's sister) is bullying her so I'm going to separate them and see if that calms her down. It's just weird because they were fine up until now...
  • 12-04-2016, 01:13 AM
    bcr229
    Leo's should not be cohabbed, they are solitary animals like snakes and as you found out one will eventually start picking on the others.
  • 12-04-2016, 01:30 AM
    s.chapman
    Re: My 2 year old LG is trying to escape all of a sudden???
    FEMALES can be housed together MALES cannot because they get territorial my LG's are SISTERS and they've been together since birth. They've settled down since I posted this. If I were you I'd do my research before giving advice.
  • 12-04-2016, 11:24 AM
    bcr229
    I'm sorry but yes females do start picking on others eventually. They are happier separated, just like snakes.
  • 01-19-2017, 12:54 AM
    Kristaok
    My advice; I know I'm a little late but please separate em, some people cohab to save money or because they want more Leo's etc but the dangers to the Leo's are not worth the risk. If you have to just separate them in a 10 gallon. Just because something can be cohabbed don't mean you should. Typically Leo's prefer to be alone.