Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,263

1 members and 3,262 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 10-28-2022, 04:59 AM
    ktea93
    I had to euthanize my baby yesterday.
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...D9732-FAE8.jpg https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...D0056331-E.jpg https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...1-E7-AEA53.jpg
    He was only a little over a year old. I suspect he had Nidovirus, relapsed and his tiny body was just ravaged. The antibiotics did nothing. I had diagnostic tests scheduled for Friday morning but by Thursday around 2:30AM I and a vet decided that after hearing him retch, seeing him constantly struggle for air, hearing him gurgle, hearing the fluid coursing through his lungs that euthanasia was the most humane option. He was heavily sedated and put to sleep later that morning. Even in the oxygen chamber, he couldn’t relax and was holding his head upwards so as to breathe easier. He had been doing that for a couple days.. I was told to monitor him on the 25th and he declined completely within two days. I miss him terribly, I am so, so miserable. Just wanted to vent. Rest In Peace to my baby Udon.. 💔
  • 10-28-2022, 08:31 AM
    Homebody
    Re: I had to euthanize my baby yesterday.
    I'm sorry for your loss. It was one year ago last week that I lost my bp, so I understand how you're feeling. Looking back at my posts from that time still makes me sad. Take peace in knowing you did all you could for him.
  • 10-28-2022, 09:32 AM
    Albert Clark
    Truly sad and heartbreaking. My condolences to you. As you grieve , recall the good days and nights when the little guy was healthy and the joys you shared. Consider in time raising and keeping another reptile that will honor this one and can put a new smile on your face. Stay strong and courageous! :salute:
  • 10-28-2022, 10:48 AM
    Bogertophis
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a cherished pet, especially when they're young & they have the misfortune to catch such an unfair disease. But as someone who's been keeping many animals for many years, I have to say that the only thing worse than losing a pet-pal is the thought of going through life without having known them. You did the right things- you got him help & you were there for him through this ordeal- I just wish this had turned out much differently, with his illness being treatable. Rest in peace, Udon.
  • 01-01-2023, 03:15 PM
    ecoles5
    I am so sorry for your loss. It’s heartbreaking
  • 01-02-2023, 06:14 PM
    Trinityblood
    I'm sorry for your loss. *hugs*
  • 01-05-2023, 12:17 AM
    JJpeep
    Oh I am so sorry for your loss. How heartbreaking. You gave him a fair chance and did what was best for him in the end. Slither free sweet boy💔