Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,040

2 members and 3,038 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
  • 12-28-2013, 11:43 AM
    Soterios
    I'm still voting every day!
  • 12-28-2013, 11:52 AM
    MarkS
    I just noticed that you can vote for more then one site. I wonder if they both count?
  • 12-28-2013, 09:44 PM
    SlitherinSisters
    Re: DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!! Forum of the year on The Reptile Report!!!
    Vote!!!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
  • 12-28-2013, 10:21 PM
    SaintTawny
    Voting is now closed due to someone discovering a method to officially cheat. The closed notice is on their facebook page, but there are no details about what exactly happened that constituted cheating, just that whatever it was got spread around Facebook earlier today.
  • 12-28-2013, 11:05 PM
    4theSNAKElady
    Sweet! So maybe we WILL win, by having casted all of our honest votes!! :)

sent from my incubator
  • 12-28-2013, 11:49 PM
    DooLittle
    Ya know, my thoughts were, great if they are "rallying and getting family too vote". But... If it's just Joe blow and peeps that aren't into reptiles voting, does that really earn them the spot? I mean, good for hustling, but that's just 1 person recruiting 5 votes. Not 6 people that think they are the best...;)
  • 12-29-2013, 09:58 AM
    MarkS
    Looks like ALL categories are closed for now not just the forums section, any rumors about why are just speculation. I'm sure they'll have it cleared up soon.
  • 12-29-2013, 10:09 AM
    Kodieh
    For the invert breeder category, one person is doing a giveaway to earn votes. Isn't that bribery? It isn't if I win the giveaway! Lol.
    It's the first time, there's bound to be trouble. They'll know a better way next time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  • 12-29-2013, 11:20 AM
    SlitherinSisters
    I was wondering why I couldn't vote... Very interesting.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
  • 12-29-2013, 11:21 AM
    JLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    For the invert breeder category, one person is doing a giveaway to earn votes. Isn't that bribery? It isn't if I win the giveaway! Lol.
    It's the first time, there's bound to be trouble. They'll know a better way next time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Didn't someone here suggest that we do the very same thing? :P

Seriously though...all in all, the entire event went extraordinarily well and the response has been extremely positive, even after the early closing. Of all the nominees, 99% of them have a great attitude and realize this is all for fun and a great way to draw the herping community together. Of course, there are always a few individuals who take things too personally and/or too seriously and can't see any good beyond their own gain.

From the get-go, the tech guys at TRR knew how to find and weed out the occasional cheat votes that were sure to come. However, yesterday, one individual discovered a major exploit and then MAILED instructions on how to use that exploit to thousands of people. Robyn (or someone at TRR) got wind of that as soon as it happened and made the decision to close the polls early BEFORE that scale of cheating could begin.

So it's all good. Winners will be announced on the appointed day. :)