Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,704

0 members and 2,704 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

APC T8 Heat panel

Printable View

• 09-24-2022, 04:17 AM
    dandrek
    APC T8 Heat panel
    So I am getting ready to setup the T8 from APC for my ball python. I was going to buy a Vivarium Electronics Radiant Heat Panel 80 watt. From what I have read a 80watt should been good for a 4x2, but the dang things have been out of stock for months now. Does anyone know if a 40 watt will work because those are never out of stock on reptile basics or reptile wholesale or buy two 40 watts and put on on each side and just keep one a little be colder on the cool side....I don't know...
  • 09-24-2022, 07:14 AM
    Homebody
    Re: APC T8 Heat panel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dandrek View Post
    So I am getting ready to setup the T8 from APC for my ball python. I was going to buy a Vivarium Electronics Radiant Heat Panel 80 watt. From what I have read a 80watt should been good for a 4x2, but the dang things have been out of stock for months now. Does anyone know if a 40 watt will work because those are never out of stock on reptile basics or reptile wholesale or buy two 40 watts and put on on each side and just keep one a little be colder on the cool side....I don't know...

An 80 watt sounds right for a 4x2 pvc enclosure. I advise you to wait for it. Take the time and do it right the first time. Jerry-rigged arrangements waste time, money, and can be hard on your snake.

Have you contacted Pro-Heat? In my experience, their wait time are usually longer, but maybe you'll get lucky.
  • 09-24-2022, 02:43 PM
    dandrek
    Ok, I will just keep waiting then. I signed up to be notified when they become in stock again, couple of weeks ago. I will call pro-heat on Monday, check out the cost of one and see about ordering if they are available. I am also having issues with their website and the shopping cart is broke.

This is my first heat panel, do you still need to run heat tape for the hot side?
  • 09-24-2022, 03:08 PM
    Homebody
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dandrek View Post
    This is my first heat panel, do you still need to run heat tape for the hot side?

The short answer is no. My enclosure is split into an upper terrarium and a lower tub. The upper terrarium is heated with an 80 watt RHP. The lower tub is heated with heat tape, but not to create a hot spot. It just keeps the ambient temps from dropping too low.