Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,759

1 members and 2,758 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

What next?

Printable View

• 05-09-2018, 01:49 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    What next?
    I've been under a no new snake restriction for about 18 months now. I made a pact with my GF that I wouldn't add any more critters until we moved out of our apartment and into a house. Now that we're scheduled to close on our new home in a few weeks, and even though I know it'll take a while to get settled in, I'm already looking forward to my next acquisition. I'm just not sure what I want. I do know that I want a larger animal. Something fairly heavy bodied and in the 10-12 ft range perhaps. I have a thing for numbers and since I currently have 8 snakes there's no way I could add just one and be stuck on 9 so I'll probably end up with a total of 10. That's a nice round number of completion. The plan is to add one snake this year and another in a year or two. My top choices right now are a SD retic, scrub python, or maybe a boa. I'm also considering an albino olive python or Eastern Indigo. The latter two are dream snakes and would be the 2nd addition after I get on top of this house stuff :). I'm also open to other suggestions. Any thoughts?
  • 05-09-2018, 01:51 PM
    tttaylorrr
    an Indigo and a SD retic. :)

cha-ching! it's fun to spend other people's money. :P

also, congrats on your new home!
  • 05-09-2018, 01:57 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Congrats on your new house!!!!

As I was reading your thread I saw "heavy bodied" and immediately thought blood/STP...then I saw 10-12 feet...

Once my enclosures are upgraded I have the green light from the girlfriend to add another too!!! I'm a ways out still, but my gears are turning too...

I'll be stoked to see what you decide on when the time comes.
  • 05-09-2018, 01:58 PM
    jmcrook
    Re: What next?
    Pssst... SD retic... You know you want to... [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 05-09-2018, 02:09 PM
    Sonny1318
    Congrats on the new home, and a SD retic!!
  • 05-09-2018, 02:15 PM
    Ax01
    heavy bodied? go Burm! or something a lil more rare - African Rock or Indian Rock Python. :)

and most def Eastern Indigo!

Edit: are u gonna put a basketball hoop in the driveway/over the garage at the new house?

congrats Ziggy!
  • 05-09-2018, 02:27 PM
    hilabeans
    Boelen's Python!

(is it too early to take out a second mortgage on the house???)
  • 05-09-2018, 02:31 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Thanks all. I'll admit the SD retic has a slight lead over the others. I love reading the retic keepers threads. The pushing, pooping and peeing stories do concern me a little bit though. Not to mention those gnarly a** teeth :).

@ Ax- I might put an adjustable hoop in the driveway :). The Burm might just be another feasible option too. Not as many cool morphs as retics but I really like the hypos.

@ Hilabeans- Those Boelens are the cat's meow for sure. A little outside my budget though :).
  • 05-09-2018, 03:20 PM
    Reinz
    Great news Ziggy! :)

Man, that little voice keeps whispering Scrub, Scrub, Scrub to me and I keep pushing it away. I’m plum out of room. I hope you stay Aussie so I can get my Scrub fix through you.
  • 05-09-2018, 03:42 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    @ Reinz- You know I love those Aussie critters! That's why the scrubs are on the list. I'd have 2 of Australia's largest snakes with the scrub and my olive. Speaking of Olives, your girl is looking GREAT! My male is close to 5ft and about 1700g. We might have to put those 2 together when you're ready to breed. Who produced your girl? My male came from Jeff Hartwig.