Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,760

1 members and 2,759 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
  • 09-10-2019, 06:49 PM
    Cee Jay
    Re: What else could I possibly do?
    Got an eater and a :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:ter. Thanks for the help.
  • 09-10-2019, 07:58 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Glad to hear she's doing well. Carpets are awesome critters!
  • 09-10-2019, 08:15 PM
    Bogertophis
    Just remember that no matter what, you're on 'snake time'. :rolleyes:
  • 09-11-2019, 01:22 AM
    Cee Jay
    It has been a lot of money spent, items returned and trial and error, but I feel confident that she's happy and comfortable now. I have still yet to handle this snake, because I read to wait until about three successful feedings...is that true? I worry the longer I wait, the more comfortable she gets alone, but I also don't want to freak her out and disrupt future successful feedings. It's been tough to not take her out, but I feel like going in there and moving substrate around, misting and what not is building up a little trust between us. Thoughts?
  • 09-11-2019, 10:37 AM
    sur3fir3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cee Jay View Post
    It has been a lot of money spent, items returned and trial and error, but I feel confident that she's happy and comfortable now. I have still yet to handle this snake, because I read to wait until about three successful feedings...is that true? I worry the longer I wait, the more comfortable she gets alone, but I also don't want to freak her out and disrupt future successful feedings. It's been tough to not take her out, but I feel like going in there and moving substrate around, misting and what not is building up a little trust between us. Thoughts?

Yes it is best to wait for 3 sucessful feedings. Do not worry about the snake getting used to being alone. Everything will be ok. Just leave her alone for now.
  • 09-11-2019, 11:03 PM
    Cheesenugget
    You got plenty of time to build trust. In the meantime, you can always surf the pages of MorphMarket and plan for your next snake...
  • 09-13-2019, 12:53 AM
    Cee Jay
    Oh, I'm on there every so often. I met a guy who works at Star Pythons who has been a great help with general husbandry, too. I really like their selection and will probably get my next one from them. All in good time. I have a new blue tongue skink who is a new member around here, so he's been a fun change and learning experience as well. I really wish California had venomous regulations like Florida that made it possible to do things safely and with proper training. There are so many rattlesnakes out here and it's so tempting! I enjoy just viewing them in the wild. They are amazing creatures.
  • 09-23-2019, 09:49 PM
    DennisM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cee Jay View Post
    I really wish California had venomous regulations like Florida that made it possible to do things safely and with proper training. There are so many rattlesnakes out here and it's so tempting! I enjoy just viewing them in the wild. They are amazing creatures.

yes they are. my favorite snake of all time is the eastern diamondback. I've never kept one. I've kept more than 100 snakes in 30 years in this hobby, none venomous. I'd say about 80% them, excluding ball pythons and SST, have bitten me at least once.

so enjoy them in the wild.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If i wanted something around the house that was likely to kill me, i'd get married.

it's a joke, no need for the PC police to reply.