Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,802

1 members and 2,801 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Help with Xfinity HD box

Printable View

• 02-27-2012, 01:50 AM
    dizzydynamo
    Help with Xfinity HD box
    I upgraded to the Xfinity HD cable box a few days ago. I programmed the Xfinity remote to my TV so that it turns on at the same time, etc. Two problems I am having that I can't figure out.

1. When I change the volume on the Xfinity remote, it moves the bars up and down but nothing happens, volume is the same. I have to change it through my TV remote. Pushing mute on Xfinity remote works, it will mute it.

2. I wanted closed captioning. I googled this and found that with the TV on, I had to turn off the cable box, push Menu, turn on CC, then turn cable box back on. I did this and it worked except the text on CC is blurry to me. The letters are not defined and is hurting my eyes. Since I have it on the HDMI input, the TV remote is useless. Going through Menu on the remote doesn't have the subtitle option that Xfinity online claimed.

My old cable box worked fine. I don't know what's wrong with this one but I'm paying for HD so I want it to work.

Help?
  • 02-27-2012, 02:18 AM
    The Serpent Merchant
    Sounds very strange. especially if the volume bars are going up but the actual volume isn't. I would guess that the remote isn't properly interfacing with the TV, but there are a huge number of variables in a set up like this.