Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,903

1 members and 2,902 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

New addition...

Printable View

• 05-14-2019, 11:43 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: New addition...
    That's odd about some water leaking from his face...maybe he drank water shortly before you picked him up?

How long is Dakota? Here I'll admit I haven't measured my spot. python in a long while, so I can only estimate she's about 3.5-4' long, but the largest she eats are
    small mice/hoppers. I'm surprised at the size prey that your guy is taking, as I think they're similar size (your snake & mine).
  • 05-15-2019, 07:46 AM
    Dianne
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    That's odd about some water leaking from his face...maybe he drank water shortly before you picked him up?

How long is Dakota? Here I'll admit I haven't measured my spot. python in a long while, so I can only estimate she's about 3.5-4' long, but the largest she eats are
    small mice/hoppers. I'm surprised at the size prey that your guy is taking, as I think they're similar size (your snake & mine).

I thought the drool was kind of weird, too. :weirdface

I haven’t tried to measure him, but I’m guessing about three feet or a little better based on him cruising around in a 2’ long quarantine cage. The adult mice seem about the right size in my opinion, though the guy who previously had him was feeding small rats. The mice are the same size as those I feed my adult corn and Solomon Island ground boa. If he acts ravenous after a mouse or two, I might try the weanling rats some of my juvenile bps are on. They’re only slightly larger/longer than the adult mice. I’m planning to feed every two weeks like I do the majority of my adult snakes. He’s appears to be in good body shape, but maybe a bit chunky...his scales do appropriately overlap though.
  • 05-15-2019, 09:04 AM
    Phillydubs
    Very awesome addition! I have seen them from time to time! The name always makes me laugh. Especially at a pet store cause you know most folks are like oh it’s a starter snake for children! Lol

i agree with you on the smaller or right size prey and not over sizing.

I odten play with my sizes until I find one that seems to suit the snake best
  • 05-15-2019, 11:36 AM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Very awesome addition! I have seen them from time to time! The name always makes me laugh. Especially at a pet store cause you know most folks are like oh it’s a starter snake for children! Lol

i agree with you on the smaller or right size prey and not over sizing.

I odten play with my sizes until I find one that seems to suit the snake best

I know it was someone's name but unfortunately it's a real source of confusion...and virtually no snake is a child's toy. :rolleyes:
  • 05-15-2019, 12:02 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Great looking critter! Congrats on the handsome new addition! I'm a big fan of Aussie snakes too. Judging from the size of him I'd feed him small rats and even a medium rat on occasion. A weaned rat would be the smallest meal I'd offer. Hope to see many more pics as he grows. :)
  • 05-15-2019, 12:23 PM
    SilentHill
    s/he is absolutely beautiful. what a great find!
  • 07-07-2019, 08:24 PM
    Dianne
  • 07-07-2019, 08:49 PM
    Reinz
    Nice looking snake. Glad s/he’s working out for you.
  • 07-07-2019, 09:23 PM
    Bogertophis
    Obviously very "easy to feed"...:rofl:
  • 07-07-2019, 09:46 PM
    dakski
    Ouch!

She's looking really good!