Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,990

2 members and 2,988 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 05-19-2017, 12:53 PM
    Ax01
    Kissing a Rattler: Good Idea or Bad Idea?
    :O

i think he was trying to french kiss it. um ok...

Quote:

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. - A man was bitten in the face Tuesday afternoon by what was identified as an eastern diamondback rattlesnake near the Bostwick area, Putnam County Fire Rescue said.

Ron Reinolds was trying to kiss the rattler when it bit him, according to neighbors.
    full story here: http://www.news4jax.com/news/florida...by-rattlesnake

check out the 911 call. they freak out and scare the crap out of a woman banging on her car for help with a rattlesnake in hand. lol WTF!!

Quote:

Caller: "There's this young man here on Jamey Lane and there's a gentleman that told me he just got bit by a diamondback rattlesnake. There's another gentleman carrying it. And he's saying on the tongue and he's bleeding from the mouth."

Caller: "There's another man carrying the rattlesnake and they look like they might -- they are going to need some help here. And I'm getting scared."

911 Dispatcher: "Yes ma'am. I understand. I'm sending rescue now for the man who was bitten."

Caller: "She's sending rescue. All right."

911: "Ma'am, I need you to answer a couple more questions before I let you go. Where is the man who was bitten?"

Caller: "He's sitting here on the side of the road, and he's pounding on my car door and I've got it locked. And there's another man carrying the snake in the road."

911: "Can you tell him to drop the snake? Why is he carrying the snake?"

Caller: "I don't know. I'm not rolling down my windows. My doors are locked in my car. I'm starting to get very frightened. I'm going to tell this guy to have a seat here. He's hanging onto my car door."

In the audio, the caller can be heard repeatedly asking the man to drop the snake.

Caller: "Drop the snake. On the road. Drop it! Oh my. Drop it!"

Caller: "It looks like he was bitten on the tongue and he's bleeding."

911: "Where was he bitten, ma'am?"

Caller: "On the tongue."
    more here: https://www.newstalkflorida.com/news...ss-rattlesnake
  • 05-19-2017, 12:58 PM
    Lizardlicks
    And this is how you qualify for a Darwin :rolleyes:
  • 05-19-2017, 01:01 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    Almost a Darwin award. Hopefully he doesn't breed. At least they were smart enough to hold onto the snake so the hospital knew what he was bitten by.
  • 05-19-2017, 01:33 PM
    DLena
    That is a Darwin. (I love that. I'm going to use it with my HS students.)
    Respect the damn snake. In the wild. In captivity.
    This is just like the people who feel the need to hug bears.
    My G-d.
  • 05-19-2017, 01:37 PM
    DLena
    And any pitted snake near your mouth is there because of the heat, not to give/get a kiss on the mouth. Save that for your significant other. :gj:
  • 05-19-2017, 01:45 PM
    Oxylepy
    Reproductive survival counts as survival. If the individual reproduces prior to an incident which takes their lives, they have lead their genetics to survive.

As for the official Darwin Awards the criteria require death or sterility of the individual. I do not believe they need to have not reproduced prior, however that would go away from the idea of survival of the fittest.
  • 05-19-2017, 01:48 PM
    tttaylorrr
    that poor woman trying to help while crazy men bleed, hold a snake, and beat on her car. what a scene LOL.
    stupidity is amazing. :disbelief
  • 05-19-2017, 03:28 PM
    Lizardlicks
    Yeah sounds like the guy got treatment in time to live. Wonder what his face/tongue is gonna look like though...
  • 05-19-2017, 03:54 PM
    Kcl
    Re: Kissing a Rattler: Good Idea or Bad Idea?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxylepy View Post
    Reproductive survival counts as survival. If the individual reproduces prior to an incident which takes their lives, they have lead their genetics to survive.

As for the official Darwin Awards the criteria require death or sterility of the individual. I do not believe they need to have not reproduced prior, however that would go away from the idea of survival of the fittest.

Number of offspring is still a factor in calculating reproductive fitness. It's calculated based on the number of viable offspring vs the average if I recall correctly. So dying prior to the end of reproductive viability still has an effect on reproductive fitness even if they have reproduced previously.
  • 05-19-2017, 05:48 PM
    rock
    Capture a wild rattlesnake, put him in a bucket, take him out after two days and place your face real close...

Totally makes sense. Shocked it ended badly.