Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,909

2 members and 2,907 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
  • 01-04-2019, 10:00 AM
    Skyrivers
    Thinking about doing a "small" breeding project.
    I adopted a daughter right before Christmas (age 12) and she has so many questions and loves the animals as much as I do. She is wanting to do a small breeding project.

I have been looking at Colubrids lately and love the patterns and awesomeness of what some people are doing with them. Don't like the hybrids much. Don't like the scailless much till I see more of them as adults. We are looking for something small and easy to breed for a project/ experiment in learning how to breed them and care for the eggs/babies. My education program is rocking out and have such an amazing collection, I am beginning to think about, where to go in 2019. I want to continue to educate myself and grow as well. I want to produce something small like rosy boa or something in the rat snake family. Something that the babies would be in demand enough that rehoming them would be somewhat easy and yet can care for the babies fairly relatively easy also. I

Found a small incubator on Amazon that looks decent enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Happybuy-Incu...ncubator&psc=1

Anyone have any reviews on this one?

We are looking at buying adults and start spring this year or next year. She understands that this will take quite a while.

What are some of your favorite species that are vibrant looking yet easyish to handle?
  • 01-04-2019, 10:46 AM
    Lord Sorril
    Re: Thinking about doing a "small" breeding project.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Anyone have any reviews on this one?

I don't have any first-hand experience, but, looks similar to the Exo-Terra version: https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-PT2.../dp/B004AJLREA

I've see the Exo-Terra version at expos and flea markets for $40 (or less) marked as 'junk'.