Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,023

3 members and 1,020 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Strange ASF

Printable View

• 11-19-2018, 11:19 PM
    Lost571
    Re: Strange ASF
    About 4-5 weeks old. Its definitely an ASF

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk
  • 11-20-2018, 12:58 AM
    CALM Pythons
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost571 View Post
    About 4-5 weeks old. Its definitely an ASF

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Ohh i believe you, just saying it has a kind of mouse, rat look. My ASF’s are really,, well different looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-20-2018, 01:03 AM
    Bogertophis
    I don't deal with these so I went looking up other photos of them out of curiosity, & came across this info...maybe this is why yours don't look the same?
    (and notice that some are "rats" while others are labeled "mouse")

Praomys is a genus of rodent in the family Muridae endemic to Africa. It contains the following species:

• 11-20-2018, 06:18 AM
    Lord Sorril
    When I kept ASFs some of the female breeders were so aggressive that they would barber (remove the hair) from their offspring. This led to a variety of coat patterns as they grew. Sometimes the fur did not grow back correctly. I did have long hair/short hair versions as well, but, production and reliability was so poor on my ASFs (they kill offspring at all age points pre-weaning) that I gave up and fed them all off.
  • 11-20-2018, 08:43 AM
    CALM Pythons
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    When I kept ASFs some of the female breeders were so aggressive that they would barber (remove the hair) from their offspring. This led to a variety of coat patterns as they grew. Sometimes the fur did not grow back correctly. I did have long hair/short hair versions as well, but, production and reliability was so poor on my ASFs (they kill offspring at all age points pre-weaning) that I gave up and fed them all off.

Ive had several nasty lines. Fighting, killing young even at 3-4 weeks once weaned and still they ate them. I got rid of all of those and found another line a man had as a hobby. They were totally different. These ones take care of the young great and i can pet them up until they start to breed.. of course then they change temperament but know wheres near the devils the others were. I know Deb had some evil ones too and got rid of them hahahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-20-2018, 01:44 PM
    mechnut450
    lol i need this line my last ones could sytrip your flesh off bone at times. but i did keep mixing the babies every 3rd litter i put them all in a container as i cleaned then counted the babiest into each tank so they kept even numbers and i feed off oldest asfs so young could keep up production lol