Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,808

0 members and 2,808 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

The Shedding Process

Printable View

• 04-25-2012, 10:01 AM
    RetiredJedi
    Re: The Shedding Process
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    I believe the skin is sensitive after it sheds. So I don't usually handle them until after 24 hours or so. But I really am not sure :/

The only thing I do real fast is look to make sure everything came off ok and there is no stuck shed and leave them alone for 24 hrs. Don't know if it matters or not though, just something I've been doing.
  • 04-25-2012, 04:39 PM
    dr del
    Hi,

You can handle them fine after shedding. :)

dr del
  • 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM
    HauntedBanshee
    Thanks. :) I'm waiting for her shed cycle to end so I can hold her. Right now she has the milky eyes.
  • 06-23-2012, 08:28 PM
    Gio
    I'm glad I did not post a new thread. I just hope somebody catches these questions.

Our Royal is getting ready to shed soon. All the classic signs, although she was very laid back when she was out for a bit today.

I noticed the article did not think feeding was a good idea. If it's early enough in the cycle is it OK to try? If she eats she eats if not is there any harm done by trying?

Also, we have great humidity levels in the tank. 70-72% on the high end right now and I'm able to keep that fairly constant.

Is there any need for a shed box? I have the moss and the "shed hide" but if our humidity levels are decent is there a need?

Thank you,

Gio
  • 06-23-2012, 09:02 PM
    Kaorte
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I'm glad I did not post a new thread. I just hope somebody catches these questions.

Our Royal is getting ready to shed soon. All the classic signs, although she was very laid back when she was out for a bit today.

I noticed the article did not think feeding was a good idea. If it's early enough in the cycle is it OK to try? If she eats she eats if not is there any harm done by trying?

Also, we have great humidity levels in the tank. 70-72% on the high end right now and I'm able to keep that fairly constant.

Is there any need for a shed box? I have the moss and the "shed hide" but if our humidity levels are decent is there a need?

Thank you,

Gio

You can feed during shed, some will eat, some won't. You just have to try and find out for yourself!

If your humidity is good (which is it) then you don't really need a humid hide. You can put one in if you want, it won't hurt.
  • 06-23-2012, 09:25 PM
    Gio
    Just the stuff I was looking for. Thank you very much!
  • 07-01-2012, 09:53 AM
    SRMD
    images aren't loading for me :(
  • 07-01-2012, 12:09 PM
    JLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SRMD94 View Post
    images aren't loading for me :(

Thanks for the heads up. Something must have gotten broken during the server move. I'll look into that and get those fixed.
  • 07-01-2012, 03:14 PM
    SRMD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Something must have gotten broken during the server move. I'll look into that and get those fixed.

• 07-20-2012, 08:12 PM
    hitman3303
    Great article man . . This is great for beginners.