Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,916

2 members and 2,914 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
  • 01-11-2021, 07:38 PM
    mlededee
    What is Your Dream Reptile?
    What is your dream reptile(s) to have in your collection? If there were no constraints--money, caging, food, enrichment, supplies, veterinary care, etc.--if all of the needs of the animal were taken care of, what would you keep?
  • 01-11-2021, 08:31 PM
    Zincubus
    Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?
    I think I have all mine to be honest .. I’ve had just about everything over the years and I’m really happy with my current snakes so I’ll go with this ..
    Mhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...fd1a390fe8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 01-11-2021, 08:55 PM
    Bogertophis
    :rofl::rofl::rofl: That's quite a choice, Zinc...
  • 01-11-2021, 11:15 PM
    Toad37
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I think I have all mine to be honest .. I’ve had just about everything over the years and I’m really happy with my current snakes so I’ll go with this ..
    Mhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...fd1a390fe8.jpg

Sooo many questions, so little time.

Mine would definitely be a boelens python hands down. They are stunning animals and I would do nothing all day but ooh and ahh at the edge of it's enclosure while watching it.
  • 01-11-2021, 11:39 PM
    jmcrook
    I think about this question very often. I listen to a lot of Morelia Python Radio and it's one of the closing questions for their guests.

At the moment I'd have to say Oenpelli Python or maybe Australian Scrub Python, though I wouldn't turn down a Boelen's. Moluccan Scrubs are absolutely beautiful too. I've heard them called Golden Boelen's and that description makes them really appealing.

Simalia in general are fascinating to me. Just a bit edgy for my liking though I haven't personally worked with them. No heat seeking missiles for me for now.
  • 01-11-2021, 11:51 PM
    Trinityblood
    A rainbow boa. The only way I would be comfortable owning one is if I could find an adult and if I had an enclosure with a running water system. I'm too paranoid to get a hatchling and I don't know how I could ever go away for a week without being afraid the snake wouldn't dehydrate and die.
  • 01-12-2021, 01:34 AM
    wnateg
    I’m a reasonable girl: an albino alligator snapper, green anaconda, cottonmouth, and Nile crocodile.
  • 01-12-2021, 01:41 AM
    WrongPython
    So, apparently all of my dream reptiles fit into bins:

• If I had a spotter on demand: the "nerd crush" big temperate constrictors (diamond python, Argentine boa, Boelen's). Don't think I'd actually want to keep a Boelen's, though. That Simalia edginess is just too much for me!
    • Mid-sized constrictors with big teeth and an even bigger price tag: rough-scale python, CBB GTP, CBB ETB
    • If they came with a magic insect vending machine: panther, veiled, and/or Jackson's chameleon
    • Technically have it already, but I'm thinking of building out a pair and paying for the genes I want will not be fun: high contrast anery BIL, ghost leopard Sonoran (yup, pure Sonoran ghosts exist!)

And, just for fun:

• Technically have it already, but oooooh, hey! That gene's theirs?...Wait, a pair of hets cost how much?!?: pied Sonoran (yup, the one pied boa on record is a Sonoran!)
  • 01-12-2021, 02:15 AM
    Bogertophis
    I've been struggling to answer this question, & since I've already had my dream reptile, can I bring him back from the dead? :D He was an adult rattlesnake when he was given to me, & I "only" had him around for 17 years...I'd like another 17 years with him, OK? :D He was about 25 when he passed away. He was a Crotalus helleri (Southern Pacific), btw. :snake:

like this: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...is_helleri.jpg
  • 01-12-2021, 08:23 AM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wnateg View Post
    I’m a reasonable girl: an albino alligator snapper, green anaconda, cottonmouth, and Nile crocodile.

I love all ALBINOS even human ones :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6bb00d80a5.jpg