Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,030

3 members and 3,027 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Device!

Printable View

• 12-19-2003, 03:09 PM
    BallKingdom
    I have a bp that is over a year old, and has not eaten since Aug. 19. I've done basically everything except braining.. I don't need help, but I got an idea. I tried a force feed, but it did not work. I realized that him stuggling made a big big problem. And once the mouse's head is in the shoulders are tough work! It's nearly impossible unless it is a teeny mouse! And if it doesn't want it, it'll spit it up. I figure that a tube, with an inclined front will allow it to easily slide down it's throat, smoothly without trouble. If you get the tube down about 6 inches, and drop a small dead mouse in, then get a long instrument to force the mouse down a bit more... You could pull the tube out and it'll have been fed. I bet that once the pipe is out, it'll barely notice the small mouse. You could perform this on large bp's every 3 days or so, with maybe more then one mouse. It'd keep them healthy until they fed again. I think it'd be a real great tool available. Less stress on you and the snake. Does such a device already exist? Dunno, but it sounds like something I need to make.
  • 12-19-2003, 03:41 PM
    RPlank
    Hey, did you know you shouldn't force feed your snake?
  • 12-19-2003, 03:44 PM
    BallKingdom
    You're fired
  • 12-19-2003, 03:53 PM
    pimp_n_python
    he's right
    if you don't know how to do it you can cause damage to the snake
    Go to the vet and get the vet to teach you
    thats what I did for a rescue BP I had about 2 years ago
    and as far as that tube idea i'm no vet so i don't know if that would work it seems like a good idea though
    small mice are the best way to force feed once you get that mouse down far enough it won't spit it back up. It may how ever regurge it in a day or so
    I'm sure your vet will be more than happy to teach you
    Mine vet only charged me for one visit then tought me how to do it and told me to come back for the next 3 force feedings so she could moniter how I did it.
  • 12-19-2003, 03:55 PM
    emroul
    LOL force feeding is OK if it is the last resort, and if the snake hasn't eaten for 4 months!). I've never had to do it, but heard many people that have. I don't know if that device still exists, but I would definately look into it.
  • 12-19-2003, 03:55 PM
    RPlank
    Goodbye, cruel world!!!!!
  • 12-19-2003, 04:03 PM
    BallKingdom
    Shall I say assist feed? Geeez