Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,936

2 members and 2,934 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
  • 01-12-2021, 11:29 AM
    GoingPostal
    I would love some tree monitors and an anaconda.
  • 01-12-2021, 01:44 PM
    Aerries
    Re: What is Your Dream Reptile?
    Philippine Sailfin dragon, hands down, then a lower basin ETB. (But the ETB is going to be a reality in the next few years actually[emoji3059])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 01-12-2021, 02:06 PM
    Hugsplox
    I would love to have enough outdoor room, and to leave in a place that I could keep it up year round, to have a tegu. I think they're so neat and fun to interact with. My taste in snakes I think is a little less fancy than everyone else's too lol, I'd love to have a big garter snake enclosure. All of this is 100% doable I just don't have the time to invest in it. If I did though, a group of garter snakes I think would be super fun to have.
  • 01-12-2021, 06:00 PM
    bcr229
    I would love to get my hands on a pair of angolan or papuan pythons.
  • 01-12-2021, 06:18 PM
    Caitlin
    Probably an odd assortment, but if I didn't have to worry about space or common sense, I'd love a cohab group of San Francisco Garters (the endangered ones), an Eastern Indigo, a breeding group of Anthill Pythons, a Savu Python, a Vietnamese Blue Beauty, a Pygmy Rattlesnake, and a Gila Monster.
  • 01-12-2021, 11:32 PM
    Reptile$ 4 Life
    Honestly I love everything in the Simalia genus. I would also really really really love to own a Perentie and a Saltwater crocodile.
  • 01-13-2021, 01:13 AM
    Bogertophis
    Since we're pulling out all the stops on this "dream" as far as budget: many years ago I had a very vivid dream about having a custom-built house in the shape of a square "donut"- a house with a large enclosed court-yard center that's sun-filled from a glass ceiling, partitioned with large walk-in habitats with trees & plants & water features, like the very best zoological exhibits, & occupied by my scaly pals. Of course, now that I'm hooked on lap-swimming, I have to fit in a lap pool too...:D as long as I'm dreaming?
  • 01-13-2021, 03:09 AM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Since we're pulling out all the stops on this "dream" as far as budget: many years ago I had a very vivid dream about having a custom-built house in the shape of a square "donut"- a house with a large enclosed court-yard center that's sun-filled from a glass ceiling, partitioned with large walk-in habitats with trees & plants & water features, like the very best zoological exhibits, & occupied by my scaly pals. Of course, now that I'm hooked on lap-swimming, I have to fit in a lap pool too...:D as long as I'm dreaming?

Sooooo many questions ...

What is ‘lap-swimming’ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 01-13-2021, 03:27 AM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Sooooo many questions ...

What is ‘lap-swimming’ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swimming back & forth across a pool in marked-off lanes, like they do in Olympic races. Recreationally, you can swim either for time or distance or both. I love the exercise & usually swim laps for 1.5- 2 hours- about 2 miles or so. I usually run out of time (adults only swim session) before I run out of energy. You should try it some time. Our town pool is outdoors, so we have to wait for summer- but we're trying to get a big new indoor complex approved & built, as our existing pool is getting up in years & our town is growing. Swimming is great exercise, plus for adults, it's much easier on your body (joints & all) while still being aerobic. Getting in shape is so much fun this way.

Any more questions? Not sure what will happen this year, with the pandemic & all- we all swam last summer & no one got sick except for one lifeguard who had another job where he was exposed- he was fine after he quarantined. At the rate this year is going though, we may not be so lucky.

:hijackd: (oops!)
  • 01-13-2021, 03:55 AM
    Spicey
    My tastes are simple - I'd like to have a pied or a BEL. But if I had unlimited funds and room I'd be more likely be the neighborhood cat lady, so it's just as well that I don't. :D