Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,149

0 members and 3,149 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 01-09-2021, 01:04 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Re: Ziggy's Crew- A Collective Progression Thread
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Always digging this collection, and when you jumped into boas, I knew it would just add to the fun.

Great diversity and I'm really happy to see a zero failure rate with the species you've kept.

I'm satisfied with the 4 we have here, and just write the retic off as a learning experience so I'm not terribly disappointed that it didn't work out.

Looking at your collection is always refreshing and still pushes my temptation button a bit.

Happy New Year Zig.

Thanks and Happy New Year bro!

My colubrids, boas, carpets, and olive are all a breeze to deal with even though my female bullsnake can be a little testy sometimes. I wanted another large snake that would be challenge and improve my snake keeping skills. I was VERY close to adding a SD retic until I saw some amazing scrub pythons and decided to take that leap instead. He was certainly a challenge from the start and I was concerned that things wouldn’t work out for the first 18 months. After seeing your’s and Crook’s experiences I knew I didn’t want to deal with a large snake that was too difficult to handle. That first year was pretty rough but we made it. He’s a solid 7’ now and I think we’ve finally turned the corner and established some mutual trust.

You have some amazing critters. Jewel and Sniper are two of my forum favorites and Kevin is a stud too. I really think you’d enjoy a nice chill olive python.
  • 03-14-2021, 01:34 PM
    EL-Ziggy
  • 03-14-2021, 01:36 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    As usual they never stay still when you're trying to take a pic.

https://i.imgur.com/IyT8zfc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pQnGmlv.jpg

Shout Out to the Pit Crew

https://i.imgur.com/NacX4JE.jpg
  • 03-14-2021, 01:40 PM
    Bogertophis
    Even if they're blurry, they're all gorgeous! :gj:
  • 03-14-2021, 02:02 PM
    richardhind1972
    All Looking fantastic el ziggy
    Your argie and motley look like they grown loads [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk
  • 03-14-2021, 02:10 PM
    jmcrook
    They’re all looking great, Zig! You’re Argie girl makes me look like I don’t feed mine though! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-14-2021, 07:49 PM
    Kam
    Incredible animals.

• 03-14-2021, 10:16 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    They’re all looking great, Zig! You’re Argie girl makes me look like I don’t feed mine though! [emoji23]

Thanks J. I’m sure you feed your girl plenty. You know I tend to feed a tad on the heavier side :). My girl gets a small or medium rat every 2 weeks or so. It’s weird that she’s a bit rounder than the BI but the BI is a couple hundred grams heavier. I got both the boas and the scrub all around the same time about 2.5 years ago. The Argie was a hatchling and the BI and scrub were both yearlings. You can see how much more the python has grown compared to the boas. The scrub is pushing 8’ and the boas are both about 4’.
  • 03-16-2021, 12:55 AM
    Daniel_Effler
    This was a very fun thread to look through. You have some awesome snakes! Very nice! I can't decide which is my favorite.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
  • 05-13-2021, 05:47 PM
    EL-Ziggy