Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,816

1 members and 2,815 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,411
Threads: 248,770
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SnakeLover233
  • 05-14-2014, 05:24 PM
    mvptext1
    Re: Heat Panel for T8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    Im not Aaron, but i'd suggest getting an 80 watt RHP for a T8. You can use the 40 watt on each side if you decide to split the cage in two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thank you for that insight Mr. Misha. I've been trying to price out a T8 will all the "extras" I would need and that helps. I may just end up going with heat tape, but I've heard lots of good things about the heat panels, so I may give that a shot.

Thanks
  • 05-14-2014, 05:39 PM
    Mr. Misha
    Re: Heat Panel for T8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mvptext1 View Post
    Thank you for that insight Mr. Misha. I've been trying to price out a T8 will all the "extras" I would need and that helps. I may just end up going with heat tape, but I've heard lots of good things about the heat panels, so I may give that a shot.

Thanks

No worries. I personally use the RHPs to keep up the ambient heat in the terrarium and the heat tape for the hot spot. The whole setup is a little pricey but worth the money.

• 05-22-2014, 05:06 PM
    davep
    Since I'm more of an Amazon Prime guy, this is the table I ended up getting for my T8.

http://amzn.com/B0015TRJCM

Same size as the cage, fits perfect.
  • 06-01-2014, 09:28 PM
    Kjewell89
    Re: How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!
    So I have my T8 and my lesser set up in it. I currently have the divider down with several hides on each side. My question is, can I leave the fluorescents on all night or will that disturb his day/night pattern? I need something to keep ambient temp up. If both lights are off temps drop to low 70s. With one light it stays steady around 78/79

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 06-01-2014, 09:57 PM
    The Serpent Merchant
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjewell89 View Post
    So I have my T8 and my lesser set up in it. I currently have the divider down with several hides on each side. My question is, can I leave the fluorescents on all night or will that disturb his day/night pattern? I need something to keep ambient temp up. If both lights are off temps drop to low 70s. With one light it stays steady around 78/79

As long as you have a good dark hide inside the cage you should be fine. I would start by running them for 16-20 hours a day then reassessing.
  • 06-01-2014, 09:58 PM
    Kjewell89
    Ok. And ya I have 2 good dark hides

• 06-01-2014, 10:00 PM
    Mr. Misha
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjewell89 View Post

You can run a small, 40 watt, RHP (radient heat pannel) and it should be plenty to keep the ambient heat up.

• 06-02-2014, 03:38 AM
    moorea
    I am considering this setup for my BP. I have a question I did noit see answered here (sorry if I missed it).

I know it has been suggested to use the divider for babies and removing it when they get bigger. WHat I am confused about is I live in the mountains in montana and come winter it get fairly chilly in the house. So I will need the RHP and I assume to put the heating underneath as well. I also read that the best placement for the RHP is center MUCH earlier in this thread. So if radiant heat is installed center and/or lighting, how do you use the divider until they are big enough to use all the space?
  • 06-02-2014, 11:54 AM
    The Serpent Merchant
    Quote:

Originally Posted by moorea View Post
    I am considering this setup for my BP. I have a question I did noit see answered here (sorry if I missed it).

I know it has been suggested to use the divider for babies and removing it when they get bigger. WHat I am confused about is I live in the mountains in montana and come winter it get fairly chilly in the house. So I will need the RHP and I assume to put the heating underneath as well. I also read that the best placement for the RHP is center MUCH earlier in this thread. So if radiant heat is installed center and/or lighting, how do you use the divider until they are big enough to use all the space?

You have to have 2 RHP's when using a divider, 1 for each side of the cage. You can then center each within its side of the cage.

Same goes for light fixtures.
  • 06-02-2014, 08:52 PM
    davep
    I wasn't even close to getting my ambient temps where they needed to be using flexwatt underneath.

Life become much easier when I decided to get a RHP. Now the flexwatt is set much lower to maintain the hotspot, and
    my ambient temp is perfect and never fluctuates.

I live in chicago, and don't think the flexwatt would have been near enough in the winter anyway.