Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,830

2 members and 2,828 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
View RSS Feed

FatBoy

Tough Day

Rate this Entry
What a sad day ...We have had a pet marmoset monkey for 2 years now, lately he has become very sexually aggressive towards my wife, Christy. He loves on her then starts biting her very badly. She has had a hard time with this because Bud has always bonded with her and she is the only one who can take care of him. We have tried everything and tried to think of every possible option to this problem. The only choice to assure Christy's safety was to relocate Bud. There is a really nice zoo about an hour and a half from our home, this zoo is a small family owned zoo with loving caring owners and workers. We have known these folks for a while and visited the zoo before. When I told them of our situation they did not hesitate in offering to rehome Bud. We took him today with the understanding that he is still ours and we have visiting rights anytime we want, free admission of course. When we left him tonight he was chirping and communicating with the other monkeys. I truely believe this will be what is best for Bud and for Christy's safety, but this was as hard as anything we have ever had to do. Keep our family and Bud in your prayers....Thanks......Frankie
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awwww, we had to rehome a cat we'd owned for eight years...even though you know they're going to a good home, it doesn't make it much easier at all. Is neutering a monkey ever an option? I have no idea how that would work in or affect primates, but it's supposed to do wonders for frustrated dogs. I hope Bud makes lots of monkey friends and you guys get to see him often!
    He was neutered but the vet give no promise that it would stop sexual aggression, only reproduction.
    I have researched monkey behavior for a while as I have always wanted one. I remember the one you have from the Raleigh show a year or so back. I am no monkey expert by any means but from what I have read that only one thing cures a sexual charged male during his time of need. And that is a female monkey. but her will display aggression openly and In most cases its the female owner who gets the worst of it. Some are worst than others. In most cases when the monkey is satisfied it is my understanding that they calm back down. He may just need a booty call every now and again. I have never owned a monkey so this is only my understanding from reading and speaking with monkey owners.
    this is funny lol.....check up on your wife
    With LEO Privacy, I can lock apps so that my little brother cannot play it. It helps me to protect my apps my personal pics n much more ..n keep my stuff secure. Really a good app ... This is the best app to [URL="http://bit.ly/blogleo1"]hide[/URL].