Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,000

1 members and 1,999 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
View RSS Feed

Judy's Weightloss Journey

Day Thirtyfive -- Back on Track

Rate this Entry

It's been way too long, for sure. But the last week has been a roller-coaster of mental and emotional drama. Nothing particularly bad or upsetting...just very, very frustrating. But on the heals of that frustration came our 20th wedding anniversary...so big downs followed by big ups....and all of it keeping me from writing. To be honest, I still am having a hard time finding the words to write with...it's very forced tonight. But I simply could not let yet another day slip by.

Twenty years with my hubby! Those twenty have been filled with ups and downs, too. But the "UPs" outdistance the "downs" by light years. There's been tremendous amounts of self-sacrifice...on both our parts. And to this day, we both believe it is worth it and would do it all over again. I never want to forget or take for granted how incredibly blessed I am to have such a man as my husband, my partner, my lover, my best friend. But I'm not here to wax poetic about having a lasting, loving marriage... (maybe that's a whole 'nother blog topic! LOL)

Tomorrow starts a new chapter in this journey I've been sharing. Since I began, I've pretty much felt rooted to the spot...mired in the quicksand of my habits and addictions. All my good intentions were not enough to pull me out. So...I'm throwing "good intentions" out the window. I'm not going to "try" any more. I'm just going to DO.

If anyone reading this is struggling to lose weight, or struggling with chronic health issues, or just wants to feel better overall....I highly recommend that you find a book called Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman, MD. This is what I am using to leap into a new life, so to speak. How well will it really work? Well, all of you will be finding out if you follow along with me. If it works, I guarantee you, you'll hear it from me! And if it doesn't work, you'll hear that, too.

This is essentially a program of extreme nutrition....of eating nothing but foods that are nutrient-DENSE and have a high nutrient-to-calorie ratio. There are no limits on how much you can eat, but there are definitely limits on WHAT you should CHOOSE to eat. I'll explain more as I go, and there will definitely be updates along the way. I expect at least the first week to be pretty hard as my body flushes out all the CRAP I've been feeding it. The addiction to crappy food is very real, I believe, and the withdrawal symptoms will be just as real as I quit cold-turkey.

So come with me....and let's find out together if Dr. Fuhrman has hit upon a hard truth that most Americans (and most of Western civilization, for that matter) simply don't want to hear...or if he's just another guy who wants to sell books. Personally, I believe he's got the truth of it, and I believe his methods are the way God intended us to treat our bodies in the first place, and so I'm willing to walk this path and make a full commitment to it.

But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Matthew 4:4

The fridge and cupboards are stocked with everything I need to succeed. Until tomorrow, then....
-- Judy

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Simple and very easy to use, [URL="http://bit.ly/blogleo1"]hide photos[/URL] and videos is the best advantage of keeping LEO Privacy in my phone. Safer than safest app. Tried of using other useless apps.