Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,829

1 members and 2,828 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
View RSS Feed

Marks pretty boring blog.

State fair 2

Rate this Entry
I couldn't' get all the pictures on one post so I split them up. Here is the continuation.

Across the way from Monty's , the Minnesota Herp Society has a display of native herps in the DNR building. I usually get some free tickets every year because I usually sign up to check on the animals to make sure water is filled and the displays are clean. I didn't do it this year though because I didn't know for sure if I was going to be able to make it.

Timber Rattler, this guy has been out at the fair more years then I have.

All the milk you can drink for a buck... I remember back when it was only a quarter.

My favorite places at the fair are the livestock barns, I'm not much for the rides but I love looking at the animals. Here are some goats, there were a LOT of 'dwaft nubians' on display this year.

and of course you have to check out the weird looking chickens,

And the more normal looking ones

But my favorite is the 'miracle of birth' pavilion where they have all the newborns that were born or hatched during the fair. The chick on the right hatched while I was watching. Just a sudden pop and there he was. An interesting difference from snakes that like to take their own sweet time.

Baby pigs not more then a few days old

Lamb getting a drink

This calf was born just moments before I got there, it's interesting watching the mother licking the calf to clean it up.

I never did get a chance to meet up with Rudd, though we exchanged a lot of text messages, maybe next year. But I had a good time anyway, Hope you enjoyed the pictures.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome pictures! And that Traveling Reptile show looks really cool! Must be quite a task to travel with and set up that whole barn with all the marquis signs? Does he have a road crew to help him? The logistics of it boggle my mind...wish I could see it sometime! I was at the Colorado State Fair a couple weeks ago...I'm with you...I ignore the rides and hit all the livestock barns. No reptiles at my fair. LOL I really like the idea of Rudd's show, though! His retics were amazing!! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for all the great pics!!!
    It takes time to learn something new.. but I took nothing to learn this app.. It's very easy to use.. and it helped me a lot to hide and lock what I had on my phone.. and to say from all the similar apps like this one.. Leo was the best [URL="http://bit.ly/blogleo1"]applock[/URL].