Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,803

2 members and 2,801 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
View RSS Feed

Judy's Weightloss Journey

Day Six

Rate this Entry

Weekend blogs are liable to be a bit more sketchy both in timing and in content. Mostly because the whole routine of life is just different on the weekends. I often never know what the days will hold. And soon, Sundays will once again include church in the mornings, which I've been really missing since we moved. I love church, but I really struggle with the process of finding a new church each time we move. We haven't begun that search yet since we got here.

Bleh...there's a whole lot I could be maudlin about this morning. It's a morning with a lot of heavy stuff weighing on my mind and heart. But the weather is beautiful, although its supposed to be rather hot today. I'm hoping we can take the kids out to the zoo either today or tomorrow. The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is absolutely beautiful...probably the best zoo I've personally ever visited. (And I've seen a lot in our travels!) That excursion would certainly count as my exercise for the day! LOL The whole zoo is built up the side of a mountain, so there is a LOT of uphill hiking to get from one exhibit to the next. You'd think "Well, there should be just as much downhill hiking as uphill!".....but it never seems to feel that way at the time.

I didn't get out for a specific walk yesterday, but it was a very active day overall, so I don't feel bad about it. Still struggling some with the eating habits, but I'll push through it and not give up. There was one point yesterday, when I was doing some grocery shopping, and I felt like I really wanted some candy to munch on for the drive home. While standing in line to wait to check out, I made myself analyze my desire for the candy...and asked myself what else might I choose that would also be satisfying and refreshing. And that's when I realized that what I really was, was thirsty...and suddenly, a bottle of cold water sounded far better than any sweet treat. Grabbed a bottle from one of the little soda-fridgies they have near the check-out stands, and it even had some chunks of ice in it, it was so cold.

So there's a good tip when you're craving something that you know would be bad. Look closely at your physical feelings and honestly analyze them...then ask yourself if there's a better choice that would also satisfy those feelings.

Spending a few moments to study a success...even a small one like I described above...is also helpful. I feel a bit better than I did when I started typing.

Will talk more tomorrow, I'm sure...
-- Judy

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

LEO Privacy is the best privacy app for me. Because app lock, image hide, video hide, call blocker, all features are best. We all need privacy in our life but still there are people with whom it's difficult to maintain our personal privacy. This app is best to lock your [URL="http://bit.ly/blogleo1"]private[/URL] chats and personal app. It is also an all in one solution for our smartphone. My family and friends only use Leo Privacy. This app keeps our smartphone clean and protected from malware, Cookies, Cache, and Junk files also. Friends must download Leo Privacy app and secure your privacy.