Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,853

0 members and 2,853 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
View RSS Feed

Marks pretty boring blog.

Tgif??

Rate this Entry
Well maybe not TGIF. That means that it's the last official day of my vacation and I'll be starting back to work again on Sunday. It was fairly cold today, felt like 60's all day long. A definite taste of fall in the air. I like fall, it's one of my favorite seasons, but winter follows after and I'm just not ready to think about that yet. I could use a few more 90 degree days. I really didn't do much, cleaned a dozen snake tubs and fed and watered all the rats, also cleaned out a couple of turtle tubs. Here are a couple of baby lesser pics just for fun.

My wife Suzy of course always has to show me up. She likes gardening the way I like snakes, it's what she does to stay sane. There have been plenty of times when I could tell she had a rough day because when she gets home from work she'll go straight out to the garden and stay there until dark, she won't even come in the house first. Well today she decided to put in a new garden in a corner of our lawn that has always looked a little rough. We have a hard time getting grass to grow there, the soil doesn't seem to hold moisture so she decided to dig it up and work some peat into the soil to loosen it up a bit and put in a flower bed. She got pretty far in one day.

I had to make a little bit of fun of her though, she went out and bought some potted golden rod. I had to comment about all the golden rod I saw blooming wild in the ditches on my way to the video store. Ha, oh well as long as it makes her happy.

Had Pizza and a Movie night tonight, went out to Papa Murphys to pick up the pizza. I had enough stamps to get a free large one topping pizza so in addition to the stuffed 5 meat pizza I also picked up a large Italian sausage pizza and then diced up some fresh picked Jalapeno peppers on top. I love hot stuff, I'm the only one in the family who does though so I was pretty much assured of getting the whole pizza to myself . Also picked up The book of Eli at blockbuster. I've wanted to see that one for a while. The boys weren't interested so after they scarfed down their fill of pizza they went back to their rooms to play video games or surf the web or chat online or whatever it is they seem to do all the time. So Sue and I sat and watched the movie by ourselves. We rather enjoyed it, it was confusing at first but we picked it up pretty quick and it turned out to be pretty good. Well I guess that's enough for now, have a good night.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I want to see that movie - would you recommend it? Suzy's garden is pretty! I'd love to see updated pictures in a month or two!
    Hehe....all I have to do is order black olives and I can get a whole pizza to myself as well. Pepperoni and pineapple is another favorite of mine that the rest of the family raise their eyebrows at. Makes pizza night fun! Sounds like you and Suzy had a lovely evening!
    Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    I want to see that movie - would you recommend it? Suzy's garden is pretty! I'd love to see updated pictures in a month or two!
    Yeah Robin, it was actually one of the better movies I've seen this year. I'd recommend it.