Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 868

4 members and 864 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
View RSS Feed

Judy's Weightloss Journey

Day Four

Rate this Entry

Here we are again...kids and hubby out the door! Yesterday went pretty well. The walk was long and very pleasant. ....well, except for the clouds of gnats we had to walk through. Other than that, though... Just to describe the setting a bit, our house is in a golf-course neighborhood out in the country. Our house doesn't sit on the course itself, but most of our neighbors' do. (Ours looks out over a working ranch with cows and some horses...fun to watch!) Anyhow, back to the golf course...it was foreclosed on before it was ever completed and the property is now hung up in legal red tape. No one knows when it may be freed up to be completed and opened. In the meantime...the cement golf-cart trails make a perfect path through the course that has pretty much completely returned to nature. We saw a fox on our walk yesterday morning. It ran away when it saw us. There are also tons of bunny rabbits, wild turkey, hawks, coyotes, and other wildlife. The fox was beautiful...bright orange with the big fluffy white-tipped tail...classic fox. And there were many places throughout our walk where I didn't see fox, but I could smell them. (If you don't know, foxes have a VERY strong, very distinctive odor...similar to that of a skunk but different). Mira (the goofball dog) was in heaven with her smorgasbord of scents! (She didn't like the gnats any more than I did, though! LOL) I put her on a 15' lead and let her enjoy! Top all that off with the mountains rising just a few miles to the west of us.... beautiful!

If you haven't realized it yet...I'm in the process of talking myself into going out there again today. The crummy, lazy side of me wants to just veg....but I can't. The walk will feel so good and will be beautiful. I also have the option of turning the other direction from the course and walking along country roads through horse country.

Eating went alright...not perfect, but alright. I didn't make any really poor choices, but I could have had smaller portions at lunch and dinner. Still though, I did well with fruits during the day and lots of veggies with dinner. One day at a time, one step at a time.

My goals for today...get out on that walk! And to continue to be more aware of my food choices. Portion sizes matter!!

I should go...gotta get out the door!
-- Judy

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey Judy, sounds like things are starting out well for you, the golf course walk sounds great. I'd rather live near a wildlife area with walking paths rather then a golf course any day.
    Amen, Mark! We expect to live here for two years. I find myself hoping the red tape doesn't get itself untangled in that time!