Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,879

0 members and 2,879 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
View RSS Feed

Robin's Smoke Out Journal

Day at the Lake!

Rate this Entry
Well, the "Smoke Out" hasn't officially started yet (starts at the end of this month), but my Department (about 150 of us) had our yearly day at the lake. We all put our "out of office" alerts on and headed to the lake around noon today where the VP and the Director brought their leisure boats and took people out on the lake for a ride, and we had burgers and dogs "catered" in by the folks that manage the lake (Lake Lanier Islands).

Got to talking to other folks and found out who else was planning to do the Smoke Out, so got some more folks who I can use for support as well. One of my co-workers has sworn an oath that if I stop smoking, he will stop drinking. He asked why I didn't ask him to be my "coach" instead of another co-worker. He said "she'll take you to church, I'll just put my boot up your ass! LOL". He is a good friend and lost his sister a few years ago as a direct result of smoking, so he's particularly sensitive about his friends who smoke and caring enough about them to want to see them be non-smokers.

Don't know if he'll succeed in stopping drinking, he made the same challenge to me a few years ago to stop drinking if I stopped smoking. He "confessed" to me about a month into that he had started drinking again. I hope he's serious this time, I worry as much about his liver as he does about my lungs.

Well, not much more on that, and I fear this blog will be a little boring until the Smoke Out officially starts.

Updated 09-01-2010 at 05:37 PM by rabernet

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like a lot of fun! It's awesome that you have such friends that care so much for you!
    As a fellow smoker, Robin, I know how hard it is to quit. I've come to the realization that you can not rely on others. You need to be ready to do it for yourself and no one else.

Good luck, and I know I'm not ready to quit right now, but I hope that you succeed. I'll be sure to not tempt you if we ever get together.