Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,150

3 members and 3,147 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
View RSS Feed

Judy's Weightloss Journey

Day Three

Rate this Entry

Hah! Procrastinated a good 20 minutes creating the little header/footer image. I wanted something pretty and visually interesting to help break up the page, since it seems to me that the format here blends the body of the text too much with the header/footer information in the same box.

Why the hummingbird? They're small (I want to be smaller!) and they're so full of energy and life! Not to mention just so very pretty. They make me think of real-life pixies like Tinkerbell. That is my inspiration of where I'd like to be. I obviously won't ever be TINY in that sense of the word...but I can be so much lighter, and that lightness will renew my energy and life! (Not to mention my attention-span is about equal to that of a hummingbird...so I'm already half-way there! )

I was sorely tempted to go back to bed this morning after the kids and hubby all left for school/work. Ahhhh, the life of a stay-at-home-Mom....so leisurely and free! I do have some freedom and flexibility most mornings, truth be told. But this morning, I'm bound and determined to leash up my goofball of a dog and take her for a walk on the golf course. Need to do so soon before it starts warming up too much. So instead of going back to bed, I got myself dressed and ready to go. When I finish this...it's out the door!

Activity is simple for now...walk the dog! (And I'll tell ya, she ups the energy level of any walk!) My plan for eating is a little less defined. I've tried so many strictly defined eating plans. I just don't do well on firmly set plans like that. And I've never done well with long-term food tracking/counting. I've counted calories, fat grams, fiber, carbs, points...you name it. Stuff like that works for a week or two...maybe a month, if I'm really on a roll. But it never works out long-term. It's not a lifestyle for me. In my head, I know how to make sensible choices. I know how to choose nutritionally dense foods over foods that are nothing but caloric fluff. So right now, my goal is simply to work on making good choices for meals and snacks.

FOCUS:
-- Fresh fruits and veggies, especially for snacks
-- A sensible balance of protein and carbs at each meal
-- Much smaller portion sizes at meals...fill up on veggies instead
-- NEVER skip a meal or let myself get ravenously hungry
-- Avoid foods high in refined sugar
-- Drink more water

So that's my overall plan. My goal for the day is to get out on that walk with my doggy....and to make those right choices in the kitchen.

Here we go.....
-- Judy

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Bravo! I really hate to hear about people on crash diets. They can't work. You have a very good mind set and sound very determined. It's a journey, so you're approaching it the right way, one day at a time. I'll go read your other posts now.

I've had great success in the past with my own journey. Maybe I'll share my story some day.
    I would LOVE to hear your story! I find other people's successes to be very inspiring...especially when it's a long-term success with solutions that can be applied in the real world the rest of us live in.