Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,165

1 members and 3,164 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
View RSS Feed

Marks pretty boring blog.

Yet again.

Rate this Entry
Well, here I am again telling a bunch of bored people about my life. Had a pretty good day yesterday, my youngest son Nick turned 17. He got a pair of Dr Dre headphones which were freakishly expensive for headphones... But, he's been asking for them for almost half a year, I hope he's happy with them and that they're worth the money though I have a hard time believing that they are. Of course I don't think I've ever spent more the 50 bucks for a set of head phones in my life so I wouldn't know if they're really worth it or not. He also got a Dairy Queen Ice cream cake and dinner at outback steakhouse. I actually did something I've never done before when we were out at the restaurant. I sent my steak back because it was too tough. I'm over 50 years old and I've never sent a meal back to the kitchen in my life. I'm glad I did though the one I got back was MUCH more tender. The original one was like chewing pieces of rubber, I couldn't even swallow it. It was cooked right, and it tasted fine, I just couldn't swallow it. That must have been one tough cow.

I went out canoeing the other day with my wife Suzy. I always loved canoeing when I was a kid and my therapist is always telling me that I have to take more time for myself. So, a couple of months back I found a cheap canoe on Craigs list and bought it. We went out canoeing that weekend and had a great time. We've been living in this same house for about 15 years now and we're less then 2 miles away from half a dozen different lakes, I've always loved being on the water and I really don't know why we never had any sort of watercraft before. The only problem with a canoe is that they work MUCH better with two people and I have a hard time talking anybody else to go along with me. Every time I get out on the water, I almost instantly feel my shoulders start to relax and I start feeling calmer and more at ease, these are important feelings for someone who's blood pressure is as high as mine is. So, with that in mind about a month after I bought the canoe, I said to heck with trying to cajole one of the boys to go out with me, and I went out and bought a kayak. It's light enough to carry over one shoulder, I can load it into the back of my truck by myself and pull it out by myself when I get to the lake and it only takes one person to paddle. I've had the kayak out many more times now then the canoe. I can be sitting at home and get the hankering to go out and paddle for a while and within 10 minutes I can be on the water. It's been great and I'm feeling much more relaxed these days. It's also really good exercise. I still like the canoe better, it's always nice to have company out on the lake but it's also nice to be able to pick up and go whenever you feel like it instead of trying to talk someone else into going with you.

Well, that's it for now. I'll talk about snake stuff some other day... Have a good night.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I like your blogs, Mark! The canoeing and kayaking sounds really nice!
    I'm enjoying your blogs as well, Mark!
    Thank you both though its turning out to be harder to keep up with it then I thought it would be.