Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,988

4 members and 2,984 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
View RSS Feed

Robin's Smoke Out Journal

Getting Ready

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
I've been wanting to stop smoking for some time now, but not badly enough to do something about it.

In the last few weeks, my company sent out an e-mail about the Great Radiant Smoke Out with a great incentive. If I stop smoking for 1 month - I get 3 months of health benefits for free. If I stop smoking for 2 months - I get 6 months of health benefits for free - and so on, up to a year of free health benefits.

The Smoke Out challenges is currently set to start September 27th, so this also gives me time to get my brain wrapped around the idea. Our health provider is going to provide tools to help us stop - including medication. And we're all assigned a coach (who will also get the free health benefits if we succeed).

Once this journey officially starts - I know I'll be blogging more often, sharing my frustrations, and my successes. I know that my body will thank me for this!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Did you know your blog is set to private? It can only been seen by staff at this point. The default settings were not set well, so if you didn't adjust anything when you set this up, it came up private. I redid the default, but you'll have to change the permissions on this particular one if you want to.

On a more personal note...I'm THRILLED that you're working toward this goal! I hope we can help each other get past these very strong and very real chains on our lives!
    Hey, I'm on week 5 with no smoking. I'm using the nicoderm patch and it's helping a lot. This about my 6th time trying and it seems to be a lot easier this time! Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by piper
    Hey, I'm on week 5 with no smoking. I'm using the nicoderm patch and it's helping a lot. This about my 6th time trying and it seems to be a lot easier this time! Good luck!
    Thanks for your support Piper!
    Hey Robin, congratulations on making this decision. I'd quit smoking literally hundreds of times before it finally worked and I remember that one of the hardest things to do was to set actual goals and parameters and then psych yourself up enough to get started on them. Best of luck to you, I'll be sending all the positive vibes I can your way.
    Great! Quitting smoking was the best decision I ever made.
    Next step now that your lungs are getting cleaned out - you should take up some kind of cardio exercise. Walking, swimming, biking...you'll be amazed at how much fun it can be and how quickly you can improve.